- This event has passed.
Green European Foundation hosted a Summer School in Dublin on the 27th and 28th of May, with the support of the Green Foundation Ireland.
This year’s Summer School in Dublin focused on how civil society can manage migration and the attitudes towards it in a positive and constructive way, with a broader remit of linking migration to poverty and indeed to climate change and general Green issues. Furthermore, this event specifically addressed the situation in Ireland and its role as a Member State of the European Union in finding solutions to this humanitarian crisis.
LIST OF SPEAKERS:
- Barry Andrews (Chief Executive Officer of GOAL)
- John Barry (Professor of Green Political Economy at QUB)
- Nessa Childers (Independent MEP for Dublin)
- Valerie Cox (RTÉ journalist)
- Catherine Devitt (Environmental Justice Officer, Jesuit Centre for Faith and Justice)
- Sandy Dunlop (Terenure Initiative)
- Mark Fielding (Chief Executive Officer of ISME)
- Brian Killoran (Chief Executive Officer of Immigrant Council of Ireland)
- Maria Giovanna Manieri (Advisor on Migration and Asylum for the Greens/EFA, European Parliament)
- Duncan Stewart (Broadcaster and Chair of Green Foundation Ireland)
LOCATION: National College of Ireland, IFSC, Dublin 1
VIDEOS: Video recordings of the insightful lectures from this event are available in this link.
Dublin, D01 Y300 Ireland