- This event has passed.
This event is a part of :
Join us for the closing event in this UBI series, with the support of Strefa Zieleni. On the launch date of a European Citizens’ Initiative for UBI and days after marches around the world calling for its introduction, we discuss whether UBI has a place in the Green Recovery.
About the Event:
In this fifth and last event of our UBI series, tackling both international and Polish questions and dimensions of the topic, we discuss whether and how Universal Basic Income has a part to play in plans for a Green Recovery. The event will be taking place in a hybrid format, with some participants and speakers in person and others joining online.
The Green European Foundation has been working and researching the topic of UBI for a few years as part of a transnational project involving many countries. This year, the project is entitled“ CHANGE OF MINDSET. Civil society dialogue around UBI, social justice and climate impact”. The Polish Green Foundation “Strefa Zieleni” joined the project, recognising that it was time to start a public debate on this in Poland as well – not only on UBI itself but as part of a broader conversation: what social security system is best adapted to the needs and expectations of Polish society in times of great instability and turmoil? This event series aims to foster that debate.
- Paweł Szypulski – Greenpeace Polska (TBC)
- Aleksander Temkin – “Europe, a Patient” initiative
- Natalie Benett – former leader of the Green Party of England and Wales, Member of the House of Lords (online)
- Alviina Alametsä – Finnish MEP, Greens/EFA (online)
- Julen Bollain – economist, UBI researcher, member of the Basque Parliament in Spain (online)
- Moderation and comments by Ewa Sufin-Jacquemart and Wojciech Kłosowski.
The event will also be streamed live on Youtube, please check the Facebook event page for a link.