- This event has passed.
Are you a feminist and/or environmental activist looking to strengthen your understanding in both fields? Do you want to connect with fellow feminists in the environmental movement across Europe, for coaching, networking, and peer learning? Then apply to our online training programme, and equip yourself in the fight for a brighter feminist future!
About the event
Being a feminist in the environmental movement requires some theoretical understanding of the movement’s wider context, but also determination and tools to recharge mentally in order to face the struggles attached to this battle. This short, empowering online training will gather feminists from different European countries to reflect on their experiences and deepen their understanding of key feminist struggles and challenges at the European level.
Participants will get the opportunity to:
- Network with other feminists from different European countries
- Share experiences, learn from each other and guest speakers
- Visualize together a brighter feminist future for Europe, a feminist Green Deal
Learning objectives for the coaching:
- Apply feminist perspectives in diverse situations and reflect your own position in relation to other people and society
- Identify connections of feminism to different areas of politics and human and non-human life
- Gain methodological skills by getting familiar with two participatory methods (Timeout – dialogue method and Futures Frequency – workshop method) that you can use in your community / activism
- Better understand some key feminist struggles and challenges at European and national level, and why we must stay vigilant amid forces of backlash
This training consists of three online coaching sessions in a peer group. Max. 16 participants will be chosen to this peer group.
Pre task: Get familiar with GEF’s Green Feminism e-course.
Members will get orientation material 5 days before the first training session.
1st session / Fri 17 Feb 17-20:00 (CET): Key Feminist Struggles in Europe and Nationally – short introduction to the topic and facilitated dialogue between participants through Timeout – dialogue method. This first session is dedicated to experience sharing by deep listening and mindful speaking. We will dive deep in a powerful way!
2nd session / Fri 24 Feb 17-20:00 (CET): Advocating Green Feminism in EU – Introduction to the topic by guest speaker (TBA). The guest speaker shares her experience as a feminist in the environmental movement at EU-level / European parliament. After the introduction, there will be a facilitated dialogue between participants through Timeout – dialogue method.
3rd session / Fri 3 Mar 17-20:00 (CET): The Future is Feminist: What Would that Look Like? Our ideas about the future guide our actions in the present. That is why it’s important to challenge various assumptions about the future. It’s difficult to realize a future that we can’t imagine. If our imagination is narrow, we may reduce the range of possible futures. In this workshop we visualize feminist future, specifically a feminist European Green Deal, and plan actions towards it.
This training series will be held online via Zoom on three consecutive Fridays: February 17th, February 24th, and March 3rd. Participants selected to this coaching group will get guidelines on how to attend.
All sessions follow the rules of safer space by Educational Center Visio. This means that any kind of discriminatory speech or actions are prohibited. Each participant commits to follow the rules as well as the rules of constructive dialogue including respectful behaviour, listening deeply, and respecting each other’s privacy.
The methods used in the training were both developed in Finland. Timeout aims to foster constructive dialogues, Futures Frequency aims to build alternative, hopeful future scenarios.
How to Apply
We are calling to feminists of the green and environmental movement across Europe. There are 16 spots in this training and max. 4 participants from the same country can be selected.
- Candidates have at least some experience as a feminist and/or environmental activist
- Candidates are motivated to share your thoughts and learn from others, and committed to the collective learning experience
- Candidates must attend all the online meetings of the training
If you are interested, please apply by filling out the application form via this link (scroll to the bottom). The application deadline is Monday, January 30th. All applicants will be informed by February 1st on whether they have been selected.
This training series is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Visio and the financial support of the European parliament to the Green European Foundation.