The Green European Foundation is looking for an intern to join our team in Brussels between 15 November 2021 and 4 May 2022.
Are you a curious individual with a feel for organisational work? Do you seek hand-on experience that can help build up your profile in a European organisation? Do you have a feel for numbers and great attention to detail?
Then this role might be what you’re looking for!
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European-level political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to and independent from the European Green Party and the green movement in Europe. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe. See www.gef.eu.
About the role
We are currently looking for an intern to support the work of the GEF Directors and Finances and Office Manager. This role will have access to a wide range of tasks and accompany the GEF Directors and Finances and Office Manager in their daily work.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Support the organisation of General Assembly, Board and other meetings;
- Offer support in the financial reporting of the GEF projects;
- Help prepare GEF Team meetings and meeting follow-up;
- Assist in drafting, proofreading and formatting documents.
What we are looking for
- Enthusiastic candidates with good written and oral command of English
- Good organisational and administrative skills and openness towards a variety of tasks
- Technology-savvy and able to use a variety of digital tools (for project management, financial reports, meetings organisation, etc.)
- Available full-time for 6 months as of November 2021 in Brussels
- An interest in and affinity with green issues and EU politics
- Able to function in a political and intercultural environment
What we offer
- A paid internship, under a Belgian “convention d’immersion professionelle” in our Brussels office (around 1100-1200 EUR/month net), food vouchers amounting to 7 EUR/worked day and full reimbursement of public transport
- A full-time placement for 6 months (starting date is slightly negotiable)
- Flexible working time and teleworking
- An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment with connections to other European organisations
- A working and learning experience adapted to the intern’s skills and interests
How to apply
Candidates are requested to send a short motivation letter and a CV, both comprised in a single pdf document including your name in the document name, to this link. The application should outline your motivation, skills, areas of interest and availabilities Deadline to submit your application: 29 October 2021.
Interviews will take place on 5 November 2021, online or in Brussels.
In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*GEF is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to non-discrimination, diversity and inclusion; all qualified applicants will receive fair consideration regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability and minority status.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in Belgium .