- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is currently seeking a full-time Communications Manager.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to the European Green Party and active in political education projects on European issues. Our mission is to encourage citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe. For more information on who we are, see www.gef.eu.
About the role of Communications Manager
Drawing from the GEF multi-annual strategy, the Communications Manager works with the GEF Political Director in the development of GEF’s communications strategy, and with the GEF Managing Director, Fundraiser and the GEF Project Coordinators in the implementation of the agreed communications work.
The Communications Manager works closely with GEF project coordinators, as well as with a network of external service providers, such as designers, illustrators, web developers or UX experts. Internally, the Communications Manager is assisted by a 50% FTE intern.
Development of communications strategy and prioritisation of work (20%)
- proposal of annual communications strategy in coordination with the Political Director
- target groups analysis and research;
- analysis of the general GEF comms and outreach impact and proposals for adjustments;
- identification of communications priorities and implementation of the communications work programme;
- relationship building and consultation with GEF’s project partners, Board and staff to secure buy-in, advice and regular updates on communications around decentralised projects;
coordination with counterparts at the Green European Journal and from the other main stakeholders of the European Green Family, to identify and develop synergies where relevant
Implementation of GEF’s Communications Strategy (70%)
- oversight of GEF’s styleguide and its application throughout GEF’s projects and communications outputs;
- conceptualisation and implementation of communications campaigns around key GEF projects;
- supervision of publications design, multimedia products and other project outputs emerging from GEF’s work programme;
- briefing of, oversight and relationship management with external experts – designers, developers, illustrators, etc.
- regular website maintenance with the support of an intern;
- contacts database management and GDPR compliance;
- management and development of GEF’s websites, such as: gef.eu, www.greenr.eu and www.green-academy.eu.
Resource management (10%)
- planning, monitoring and reporting of communications-related budgets to Managing Director and GEF financial team.
Qualities and experience sought
- at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in professional communications, preferable in a non-profit sector and/or in a political environment;
- university level degree in communications or other relevant social or political fields;
- strong analytical and political skills;
- proficient level of English and at least one more European language;
- strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media;
- wide degree of creative skills;
- taste for networking and building partnerships with different communications experts and service providers;
- organised mind and experience in managing budgets and complex workflows;
- good knowledge of the current European politics and debates;
- good knowledge of the Green political movement’s history, ideas and values, and current developments;
- able to work both independently and in a team with a developed sense of responsibility;
- adherence to GEF’s mission and team values (solidarity, respect, openness, sustainability and autonomy);
- availability for occasional work outside regular office hours (depending on the timing of GEF’s events).
What we offer
- A full-time (38h/week) position
- A salary defined by GEF’s salary scale, taking into account the prior experience of the candidates: 3.366 – 3.714,82 EUR gross (following GEF salaries scale and based on previous relevant experience), meal vouchers, transport remuneration and home office allowance
- Other advantages such as 13th month, flexible hours, extra holidays and training budget
- An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment
Preferred starting date: January 2021
Office location: Brussels, Belgium (teleworking depending on the Covid-19 situation)
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 November 2020 midnight, attention of Ioana Banach, Managing Director at GEF. The application must include:
- a current CV and a cover letter outlining the motivation for this position, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes first and last name of the candidate in the document name;
- a short portfolio of the candidate’s communications work so far.
The interviews for the position will take place in Brussels or online in late early December 2020.
In case of questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
* GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
This position is open to EU and non-EU citizens.