- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Project Coordinator, find out more information and how to apply below.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a Brussels-based European level political foundation funded by the European Parliament and affiliated to the European Green Party and Green Group in the European Parliament. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strenghten the Green network in Europe.
Our annual work programme focuses on three main areas:
- Study & Debate: we invest in research, debates and seminars on a variety of European topics, highlighting innovative Green approaches. The results are disseminated through both printed publications and online articles, raising awareness among citizens about Green solutions to the challenges Europe faces.
- Capacity-building: we promote political education and training and provide opportunities for building capacity amongst Green-minded stakeholders across Europe. Our aim is to enhance the ability of young activists and Green actors to work on issues with a European dimension.
- Networking: we act as a framework for cooperation between Green actors at the European level and encourage collaborations in a transnational manner.
The role of the Project Coordinator is to work with the Deputy Director and other members of the GEF team in conceptualising, implementing and reporting on projects in all areas of GEF’s work, with a specific focus on capacity-building, training and networking activities. The position entails the coordination of European-wide projects with a variety of national partners from the GEF’s network, often built in a transnational setting.
- Coordinating GEF’s decentralised projects with national and European partner organisations
- Implementing GEF’s capacity-building projects (such as European Green Activists Training and other seminars)
- Coordinating the development of the GEF’s online learning programme (mygreenlearning.eu)
- Developing and implementing other projects in line with the political priorities set by the GEF Board
- Organising networking events for GEF members and partners
For the above-mentioned projects, the project coordinator is responsible for the smooth running of all the steps and aspects of the project cycle, such as:
- Compliance with GEF’s project implementation rules
- Ensuring the political relevance and quality of the projects, with advice from GEF management
- Budget implementation monitoring and reporting
- Electronic and paper reporting of projects outputs (agendas of events, photos, participants lists, etc.)
- Dissemination of project outcomes, in coordination with GEF staff responsible for communications
- Regular contact with and coordination between the stakeholders (such as project partners, designers, printers, etc.)
- Regular reporting to the GEF management on the implementation status of projects
- For the e-learning programme: management of the e-learning platform, update e-courses, communication with learners and progress reporting,
Qualities and experience sought
- 2-5 years of experience in project implementation and coordination, ideally in a European/transnational setting or with a variety of stakeholders
- Interest and experience in the development of training activities, networking and capacity-building projects.
- Proficient in English (written and oral skills); all other European language skills are an asset
- At ease with numbers and with online tools, such as online educational tools, websites, documents sharing platforms, etc.
- Able to function in a political environment and adapt to changing intercultural and social conditions
- Experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently
- Proactivity and sense of initiative
- Attention to detail and organisational skills
- Familiarity with the EU institutions and procedures
- Interest for current Green issues and debates, and commitment to GEF’s mission
- Availability to travel occasionally and work outside regular office hours
- Any expertise in fundraising for non-profit organisations is an asset
The Green European Foundation offers:
- A full-time (38h/week) position, starting with a 6 months-contract and with a long-term perspective
- A salary in line with non-profit sector based on experience (around 2500 EUR gross monthly, subject to Belgian tax and social security systems)
- Other advantages such as meal vouchers, eco vouchers, training budget and full public transport reimbursement
- An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment
Starting date: 1st of September 2019
Office location: Brussels, Belgium
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until 30 June 2019, midnight CET, attention of Aurélie Maréchal, Director of GEF.
- The application must include a cover letter and a CV outlining the motivation for this position at GEF, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes the first and last name of the candidate as document name.
- The interviews and practical assignments for the position will take place in Brussels or online in the week of 15th July 2019. In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.