- This event has passed.
This event is a part of :
The Green European Foundation is looking for an intern to join our Green European Journal team in Brussels between 1 July 2022 – 23 December 2022.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European-level political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to and independent from the European Green Party and green movement in Europe. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe. See www.gef.eu.
The Green European Journal is Europe’s leading political ecology magazine. The Journal stands for an open, sustainable, social and feminist Europe. In print and online, it publishes quality articles which track political currents and ideas offering fresh perspectives and frontline analysis. Editorially independent, it has been published in over 20 languages since its foundation in 2012 and collaborates with partners across Europe to connect with new audiences and open up spaces for real debate. Based within the Green European Foundation, the spirit of the magazine is that of a broad conversation about political ecology and what it means for our society, today and for the years to come. See www.greeneuropeanjournal.eu.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an intern to support the publication and communication activities of the Green European Journal. The successful candidate will be willing to learn about the different processes behind the running of the journal and provide assistance in various tasks in support of the team.
- Publishing articles and translations on the journal website
- Liaising with contributors, translators and service providers
- Assisting with practical and administrative tasks (e.g. archiving, invoice management)
- Assisting the dissemination strategy of print editions (e.g. administration, responding to queries, posting, and liaison with postal service)
- Supporting the journal’s communications and outreach efforts
- Carrying out monthly reporting and conducting research for communications and outreach
- Putting together visuals for website and social media
- Occasional proofreading
What We Are Looking For
- Enthusiastic candidates with proficient written and oral command of English
- Proficiency in the use of digital media and social networks
- Technology-savvy, with a demonstrated interest in communications work
- Good organisational and administrative skills and openness towards a variety of tasks
- Available full-time for 6 months as of July 2022 in Brussels
- An interest in and affinity with green issues and EU politics
- Able to function in a political and intercultural environment
What We Offer
- a paid internship, under a Belgian “convention d’immersion professionelle” in our Brussels office (1200 EUR/month net)
- food vouchers amounting to 7EUR/worked day
- full reimbursement of public transport
- 2EUR/day home office allowance
- a full-time placement for 6 months (starting date is slightly negotiable)
- an open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment with connections to other European organisations
- a working and learning experience adapted to the intern’s skills and interests
How to Apply
Candidates are requested to send a short motivation letter and a CV, both comprised in a single pdf document including your name in the document name, to this link. The application should outline your motivation, skills, areas of interest and availabilities Deadline to submit your application: 15 June, end of day.
Interviews will take place on 22 June 2022, online or in Brussels.
GEF is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to non-discrimination, diversity and inclusion; all qualified applicants will receive fair consideration regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability and minority status.
This position is open to EU and non-EU citizens.