The Green European Foundation is opening a call for tender for a UX (user experience) design expert to improve the design, navigability, and user experience of the Green European Journal website.
The UX design expert will be responsible for providing an analysis of the current Green European Journal website and for making recommendations to improve the user experience. The Green European Journal has identified its homepage, user journeys between articles, categorisation, and certain specific content types as areas for potential improvement. The UX design expert will have access to qualitative and quantitative data for their analysis. The recommendations should:
- Keep users on site and encourage them to move between articles
- Make the most of the range of content and formats that the Green European Journal offers
- Encourage users to return to the site
- Encourage users to sign up to the newsletter
- Encourage users to subscribe to or purchase the edition
- Offer a range of options and identify strengths and weaknesses of different approaches
The objective is not a full redesign of the website, the UX design expert is expected to work from the current design basis and make recommendations in line with the current products and mission of the Green European Journal.
The final deliverable for the UX design expert will be agreed by both parties at the outset of the project. The project will take place in September 2019 and will involve multiple meetings to present the UX design analysis and move to recommendations so the service provider must be able to deliver in that period. The recommended changes will be implemented by a designer and a developer by end 2019.
Technical Proficiencies and Expertise
- 3-5 years’ experience in UX design, previous projects with online magazines are highly valued
- Strong grasp of website analytics
- Strong grasp of creating user journeys and building information architecture
- Highly skilled in HTML and CSS
- Proficient user of Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Familiarity with WordPress 5.0
- Organised, precise and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical colleagues
- Working proficiency in English, with French an added plus
- Ability to deliver within agreed deadlines
Who We Are
The Green European Journal offers analysis on current affairs, political ecology and the struggle for an alternative Europe. An editorially independent publication of the Green European Foundation, the journal works to create an inclusive, multilingual and independent media space. Online, the Journal publishes analysis, debates, and interviews year-round, linked to current affairs and topics of significance for the European green movement. Its printed editions, released every year, take an in-depth look at different themes.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European level political foundation funded by the European Parliament. It is linked to, but independent of, other European Green actors such as the European Green Party and the Green Group in the European Parliament. The mission of GEF is to contribute to the development of a European public sphere and to foster greater involvement by citizens in European politics, ultimately forging a stronger, more participative democracy. GEF strives to mainstream discussions on European policies and politics both within and beyond the Green political family. It works to create a common Green vision for Europe and to communicate this to the wider public.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit their portfolio, CV, and a quote (per hour and estimated total for a project of this scope) to email@example.com.
Submissions should be completed by Friday August 2nd.
Supervision of the Mission and Contact Points
Laurent Standaert, Editor-in-Chief
+32 2 234 65 76
For any technical questions about this mission, please contact Jamie Kendrick, Editorial Assistant