The Green European Foundation is opening a call for tender for a Graphic Designer to produce the layout and promotional materials for the print issues of the Green European Journal.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European-level political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to but independent from the European Green Party and Green movement in Europe. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions and in particular, when it comes to envisioning what a Green Europe would look like. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe.
The Green European Journal is Europe’s leading political ecology magazine and a flagship project of the Green European Foundation. The journal stands for an open, sustainable, social and feminist Europe. In print and online, it publishes quality articles which track political currents and ideas offering fresh perspectives and frontline analysis. Editorially independent, it has been published in over 20 languages since its foundation in 2012 and collaborates with partners across Europe to connect with new audiences and open up spaces for real debate. Based within the Green European Foundation, the spirit of the magazine is that of a broad conversation about political ecology and what it means for our society, today and for the years to come. See www.greeneuropeanjournal.eu for further information.
About this call for tender
We are seeking a partnership with a graphic designer to produce the layout and promotional materials for our print issues (released twice a year online and in print). Between issue releases, we will also rely on the graphic designer to provide layout and design for occasional printed and online materials such as booklets, flyers, social media visuals, or other promotional materials, on an ad-hoc basis. Additionally, the graphic designer will support our ongoing work of strengthening the visual identity of the Green European Journal and creating a recognisable brand.
GEF will be providing a framework contract lasting 2 years which can be renewed and extended to a duration of 5 years. The expected graphic design budget is 15.000-20.000 Euros per year.
- Demonstrable experience in graphic design, with a strong portfolio on print and digital media
- Available to work on an ad-hoc basis on projects of varying scale, as of January 2023.
- Experience of providing graphic design services to print publications and an understanding of the pressures and constraints inherent to this medium.
- Able to work with tight timeline and deliver within agreed deadlines
- Capable of working and communicating efficiently in English language
- Up-to-date with the latest graphic trends and aware of technical requirements for digital and print media
- Experience working with printing companies
- Sensitive to issues of diversity and inclusion
- Able to work collaboratively with team members and receive multiple rounds of feedback
- Attention to detail and visual composition
- A flexible, adaptable, practical and solutions-driven approach to work
- Able to develop easy-to-use graphic templates in line with the Journal’s visual identity
- Able to provide invoices
- Willingness to work with the platforms used by our publication (such as Microsoft Sharepoint) to submit deliverables
- Located in Europe
- Create a template design and produce the layout for two Green European Journal issues per year (between 120 to 150 pages each)
- Design of print and online communications materials linked to issues (social media visuals, print advertisements, web images)
- Design and layout A5 printed booklets (maximum 50 pages)
- Ad hoc graphic design support for promotional materials (flyers, etc.)
- Advice regarding the development of the journal’s visual identity
- Coordination with printing companies
The result of the tender will be a 2-year framework contract, with the possibility of extension up to maximum 5 years. This can be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
Each applicant is invited to submit a proposal outlining the following elements:
- A financial offer for each of the items listed above
- Examples of previous work or a link to their portfolio
- A short presentation of the graphic designer outlining their experience, outlook, and ethos
All offers should be submitted by October 31st 2022, 23.59 CET through our application form here.
For any questions regarding this call for tender, please refer to our Deputy Editor-In-Chief Beatrice White firstname.lastname@example.org