- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation is opening a call for tender for a Web Developer to manage and support our websites, database, and other technology resources that power our online communication.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European-level political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to but independent from the European Green Party and Green movement in Europe. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions and in particular, when it comes to envisioning what a Green Europe would look like. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe.
The Green European Journal is Europe’s leading political ecology magazine and a flagship project of the Green European Foundation. The journal stands for an open, sustainable, social and feminist Europe. In print and online, it publishes quality articles which track political currents and ideas offering fresh perspectives and frontline analysis. Editorially independent, it has been published in over 20 languages since its foundation in 2012 and collaborates with partners across Europe to connect with new audiences and open up spaces for real debate. Based within the Green European Foundation, the spirit of the magazine is that of a broad conversation about political ecology and what it means for our society, today and for the years to come. See www.greeneuropeanjournal.eu for further information.
About this Call for tender
GEF will be providing a framework contract lasting 2 years which can be renewed and extended to a duration of 5 years.
- Experienced with WordPress and integration with Mailchimp
- Available to work on an ad-hoc basis for short- and long-term projects as of January 2023.
- Able to deliver within agreed deadlines
- Able to communicate technical solutions to colleagues without a technical background
- Capable of working and communicating efficiently in English language
- Working knowledge of graphics design and able develop tools aligned with the Journal’s visual identity
- Able to work collaboratively with team members and receive multiple rounds of feedback
- Attention to detail and visual composition
- Able to develop easy-to-use website forms, features, and templates
- Sensitive to issues of diversity and inclusion
- A flexible, adaptable, practical and solutions-driven approach to work
- Willingness to work with currently used tools and platforms to submit deliverables
- Able to provide invoices
- Located in Europe
- Design, build, test, and maintain the Green European Journal website –www.greeneuropeanjournal.eu
- Maintain the GEF website – www.gef.eu
- Maintain the www.green-academy.eu website
- Code for the site using HTML and/or other programming languages
- Troubleshooting and minor improvements as well as larger enhancements
- Improve websites responsiveness
- Optimise websites for desktop, mobile and other devices
- Integration with tools such as Mailchimp, Stripe, analytics among others
- Server management for greeneuropeanjournal.eu and gef.eu
- Maintenance and development of Mailchimp newsletters
The result of the tender will be a 2-year framework contract, with the possibility of extension up to maximum 5 years. This can be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
Each applicant is invited to submit a proposal outlining the following elements:
- A financial offer for each of the items listed above (Based on an hourly rate as well as rates for fixed costs)
- Examples of previous work or a link to their portfolio
- A short presentation of the graphic designer outlining their experience, outlook, and ethos
All offers should be submitted by October 31st 2022 through our application form here.
For any questions regarding this call for tender, please refer to our Deputy Editor-In-Chief Beatrice White at email@example.com