- This event has passed.
This event is a part of :
Register now for our conference in Belfast, where we’ll be discussing how we can ensure a just transition to a green and sustainable economy!
About the Event
A radical shift towards a green and sustainable economy is needed to address the global climate and ecological crises.
This conference will look at the urgency and scale required to mobilise climate action and how we can deliver an alternative energy system.
Furthermore, we will explore how we can ensure a just transition that is fair to everyone in society, and the technologies we need to change our energy system.
Politicians, energy experts, union representatives and speakers from a range of other perspectives will discuss and exchange, offering key insights into the potential solutions to these pressing crises.
10:00 to 11:00:
Climate Jobs Report by Green House Think Tank
- Jonathan Essex (Green House Think Tank)
- Peter Sims (Green House Think Tank)
11:00 to 12:00:
Place-Based Policy Alignment and Just Transition – The Belfast Climate Commission
- Damien McIlroy (Queen’s University Belfast)
- Clare McKeown (Belfast City Council)
- Amanda Slevin (Queen’s University Belfast / Place-Based Climate Action Network)
12:00 to 13:30:
Trade Unions and the Just Transition – From Origins and Context to Policy and Practice
- Sean McCabe (TASC)
- Sinéad Mercier (National Economic and Social Council)
- Stiofán Ó Nualláin (Trademark Belfast)
- Jeff Robinson (Unite the Union)
14:30 to 15:30:
Keynote Address – Asad Rehman (War on Want)
15:30 to 16:30:
Fuelling the Just Transition – The Role of Non-Carbon Energy
- Juliana Early (Queen’s University Belfast)
- Andy Gouldson (Leeds University / Place-Based Climate Action Network)
- Paul McCormack (Belfast Metropolitan College)
16:30 to 17:30:
Political Party Panel
This event is free and open to the public.
Please register your attendance at this event here.
Belfast, BT7 1NN United Kingdom