Are you interested in activism, ecology and their relationship with politics and public life? Do you want to make a difference to your community and beyond? Then the European Green Activist Training of the Green European Foundation is for you!
To register, fill in the application form by clicking the link below, and give yourself the
chance to drive social change through a unique learning experience.
About EGAT GREECE
EGAT Greece involves a series of training meetings in the context of the transnational European Green Activist Training programme.
During EGAT Greece, 20 participants aged 16-25 will have the chance to get informed about green values and to deepen their knowledge and understanding of issues related to democracy, ecology, sustainable agriculture and food activism. They will share space with politicians, activists, scientists and specialists working in the front line trying to effect positive change, and of course, meet with their peers who share
the same preoccupation about the future and ideas of a better world. Also, through interactive activities, they will learn more about political decision-making processes at the national and European level and develop useful skills as active citizens who will promote participatory democracy and the sustainability of our societies in the future.
The programme consists of online trainings on the Green Academy platform, 2 (two) two-day training workshops in Athens and a week-long educational visit to Brussels, where, along with other young activists from other countries EGAT trainings (Finland, Croatia, Poland, Hungary, Spain, Czech Republic), participants will have a first-hand experience of European institutions.
More information about the EGAT training programmes can be found here.
Details of the programme will be finalised soon. Please check again here.
1st Training Workshop
Athens, Saturday 17 & Sunday 18 September 2021, 9:00-18:00
- Sustainable Agriculture, Food and Activism
2nd Training Workshop
Athens, Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 November 2021, 9:00-18:00
- EU and Green Values: Participatory Democracy and Active Citizenship
Brussels Educational Visit
Winter 2022 (exact details TBA)
You can submit your application by filling out this online application form.
We would like to encourage young people aged 16-25 from every part of Greece to submit an application. We would particularly like to encourage participation from young people who belong to groups with marginal political representation, such as People with Disabilities, Roma Greeks, second generation immigrants and members of the LGBTQI+ community.
Knowledge and experience of the above issues is not a prerequisite. The selectioncriteria are a positive attitude, team-work, motivation for participation, consistency andthe desire to become and stay active in public affairs. For the Brussels visit, a good levelof English (B2) is important.
Final deadline for submissions: 31 July 2021
- Due to the particular circumstances during the COVID-19 pandemic, all activities could potentially be subjected to changes depending on the epidemiological data and any restrictive measures and guidelines at that time. Some parts of the programme involving travel could happen online.
- Participation on EGAT Greece is free. All training materials, flights to and accommodation in Brussels are covered by funds deriving from the European Parliament, on condition that a participant has successfully completed the training programme in Greece.
- Unfortunately, we cannot cover transport and accommodation costs from other parts of Greece to Athens for attending the training workshops. If you really want to participate but are unable to cover these costs, please contact us so
that we can see what solutions might be available.
Please do not hesitate to contact us:
This initiative is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Greek Green Institute and with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.The European Parliament is not responsible for the content of this event.