- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation is looking for a full time Events Coordinator to join the team in Brussels.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to the European Green Party and active in political education projects on European issues. Our mission is to encourage citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe. For more information on who we are, see www.gef.eu.
About the role
Our transnational events provide invaluable spaces for exchange and debate, connecting changemakers from within and outside the Green political movement. The role of the Events Coordinator is to work with the Strategy Manager, and other members of the GEF team in conceptualising, implementing and reporting on transnational events in different areas of GEF’s work, implemented in cooperation with a variety of national and European partners.
As the new GEF Events Coordinator, you will:
• Design compelling event concepts that draw from our work programme objectives
• Research and connect with progressive organisations and speakers that will inspire and inform the Green political family
• Liaise professionally with participants, speakers, and other relevant stakeholders
• Read and draft contractual agreements with a variety of stakeholders involved in the implementation of events
• Ensure that logistical aspects are planned to the last detail
• Conduct background research on third-party events and coordinate the representation of GEF in them
• Ensure the thorough filing of event results
• Engage in personal and organisational evaluative learning from one event to the next
Qualities and experience sought
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in event coordination, ideally in a European/transnational setting or with a variety of stakeholders
- Full working proficiency in English (written and oral skills); all other European language skills are an asset
- Good command of office software (Ms Office, project management tools, etc.)
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Attention to details and organisational skills
- Ability to function in a political environment and adapt to changing intercultural and social conditions
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Proactivity and sense of initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills (an ability to work with a range of people and organisations)
- Understanding of and interest for Green political debates
- Commitment to GEF’s mission and team values (solidarity, respect, openness, sustainability, and autonomy)
- Experience of working with / in multi-partner networks
- Experience working in intercultural environments
- Knowledge on or experience working in South and East Europe
What we offer
• A full-time (38h/week) position
• A salary in line with non-profit sector based on experience (starting at minimum 2717.08 EUR brutto)
• Other advantages such as flexible working hours, teleworking remuneration, meal vouchers, training budget and full public transport reimbursement
• An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment
Starting date: as soon as possible, preferably May 2022
Office location: Brussels, Belgium
How to apply
Candidates are requested to submit a short cover letter and a CV, both comprised in a single PDF document by 17th April through this form. The application should outline your motivation, skills, areas of interest and availabilities. Please include your name in the file name.
The interviews are planned to take place at our Brussels office or online on 19 April 2022.
For questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
This position is open to EU and non-EU citizens.