- This event has passed.
Call for an Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator
The Green European Foundation is looking for a full time Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator to join the team in Brussels.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European-level political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to and independent from the European Green Party and green movement in Europe. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe. See www.gef.eu.
About the role
The Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator has a key role within the organisation that involves working directly with the GEF Managing Director to keep our office and team running smoothly. The role reports directly to the Managing Director and works with the entire GEF team.
The ideal candidate enjoys a dynamic work environment with diverse tasks, is a creative problem-solver with a keen eye for detail, and is not afraid to take initiative and demonstrates a service-oriented attitude.
50% Executive Assistance to GEF Directors
- Daily support to the GEF Managing Director and, occasionally, the GEF Political Director (agenda management, administrative support)
- Coordination of logistical aspects around General Assembly and Board Meetings (other events are coordinated by other members of the team)
- Minutes-taking during meetings/events
- Logistical/administrative support to Managing Director with ongoing HR processes (planning annual holidays, team appraisal processes)
- Drafting contracts or other documents
50% Office and Team Coordination
- Coordination of purchases (office supplies, magazine subscriptions, etc.)
- Maintain contacts with suppliers, organise calls for tender
- Maintain the inventory of office supplies
- Mailbox management (physical mail and digital mailbox)
- Office set-up for new employees
- Management of logistics for team meetings and events
- Planning of team retreats or other team events
Experience and Competencies
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in similar roles
- IT literacy (ie. Office, Sharepoint, Zoom/Teams, project management platforms)
- Language competencies: proficiency in English, nice to have French and/or Dutch
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Analytical skills: the ability to collect and analyze information, interpret data, and making decisions based on the multiple factors and options available to you
- Problem-solving skills: the ability to estimate and mitigate risk and identify the optimal way forward in the face of an obstacle
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills: the ability to prioritise tasks and self-manage workload
- Openness and “can-do” attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Experience working with non-profit organisations
- Affinity with political ecology
- Experience using tools such as Sharepoint and project management tools
What we Offer
- A paid position and a permanent contract
- Competitive salary, based on GEF’s salary scale (starting at EUR 3091,43)
- Food vouchers amounting to 7 EUR/worked day and full reimbursement of public transport in Belgium
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- 2 EUR/day home office allowance
- 250 EUR/year eco-vouchers
- 2 extra holidays on top of the Belgian legal framework, plus the period between 24 December – 2 January
- Flexible working time and hybrid office (up to 50%)
- An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment
How to Apply
- Candidates are requested to submit their motivation letter and a CV (1-2 pages each), both comprised in a single pdf document, in this application form. The cover letter should outline their motivation, skills, areas of interest and availability to start.
- Deadline for applications: 31st August 2022 (end of day).
- Interviews will be organised on a rolling basis.
- For questions on the role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GEF is an Equal Opportunities Employer: We are committed to non-discrimination, diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability and minority status.
Non-EU candidates are welcome to apply.