- This event has passed.
Together with the Federation of Young European Greens we are excited to announce the call for the Be Brave Decentralised Summer Camps on Democracy and Youth Participation. We highly encourage all interested Organisations to apply!
About the Event:
This call is an invitation for FYEG Member Organisations (MOs) to submit applications to hold Decentralised Summer Camp on democracy and youth participation during August to October 2021.
The decentralised activities will respond to the following objectives:
- Explore the struggles with active participation for youth-led organisations, movements and informal groups in different parts of Europe;
- Promote and develop skills of community organising;
- Exchange successful online and offline tools to expand and improve youth participation in political decision-making, as well as increase participation in their organisation; and
- Develop young people’s skills to organise activities and/or campaigns in their local contexts.
About the decentralised summer camps:
Eligibility and selection: The call is open for candidates and full MOs, as well as groups that are either part of FYEG network or have previously worked with FYEG. Based on the feasibility of the action plan as well as a realistic assessment of the budget, the project’s Coordination Team in consultation with FYEG Executive Committee will select the four best activity proposals among the received applications.
The activity: The summer camp must be 5 days long (6 nights), gather between 20 and 40 young participants and can be either a national or regional activity.
– A national activity shall be organised by one Member Organisation and gather mainly participants from one country (possibility to invite a few international participants).
– A regional activity shall be organised by two or more Member Organisation based in neighbouring countries and can gather participants from these countries. Only one application should be submitted by the Host Organisation and should indicate the other participating Member Organisations.
Expected timeframe for project implementation: August 15th to October 10th 2021 with reporting to be finalised within one month after concluding the activity (i.e. at the latest by November 10th 2021)
Summer Camp Programme: To make sure we all have coordinated actions that are recognised as a joint effort of Young Greens all over Europe, we created a template programme to be implemented. Session outlines will be provided to local prep teams, describing methods to facilitate most sessions, while some slots are left free for the organisation of personalised sessions (i.e. invite local speakers and/or trainers, discuss local context and more). Ideas on the content for the customised sessions should be shared as part of the application.
Partners visibility: This granting programme is organised in collaboration with the FYEG, Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament, GEF, EYF and CoE. Therefore, their logos should be visible on all the outcomes, materials and the venue. Live presence or virtual intervention of the Green European Foundation OR of a member of the Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament should be ensured. FYEG will support reaching out to these partners and coordination with them.
Training opportunity for organisers and Member Organisations: The local prep teams and participants of each decentralised summer camp will receive a fully-customised training held by professional national or international trainers to follow-up and implement the plans and strategies identified during the activity.
About the application and reporting:
Budget: Applicants can find a budget template HERE and should submit an updated version recalculated based on local prices, envisioned number of participants and other activity needs.
The activity’s budget should include the following costs:
- Preparation: one live Prep Team meeting for 3 or 4 people including 2 nights accommodation, meals for 2 days, national travel and working space rental)
- Implementation: one live national or regional summer camp for 20 to 40 participants, including the 3/4 members of the local Prep-team + 2 international participants (for FYEG’s coordination-team live presence) for a 5-day long activity (accommodation 6 nights, meals 5 days, travel), 5 days venue rental, 2 local speakers (all covered expenses + fees), material and visibility expenses
- Follow-up: service providers’ fees to finalise activity (graphics, layoutting, designing etc.)
The total budget allocated to each activity/summer camp will take local costs and prices into account and will thus be decided upon on a case-by-case basis. Nonetheless, the total grant per project will be maximum EUR 15,000 and can of course include additional co-funding. Shifts in budget that are considered to add value to the activity can be accepted if justified in the application. The Coordination Team may come back with follow-up questions if the budget lines are not clear in the application.
Be mindful that, as any other source of income, this grant will also be considered as income for the calculation of the member organisation membership fee to FYEG.
Narrative and financial reporting: It is the responsibility of the applying organisation to collect and submit a full financial report listing all the costs (together with the corresponding proofs) within a month after the end of the activity. FYEG will process payments directly (for venue rental, accommodation, catering, trainer fees, to service providers etc.) whenever possible and will reimburse all other expenses within the activity’s approved budget upon the submission of the financial report and eligible proofs. Direct transfers of part of the grant might be possible where necessary and will be agreed upon on a project-by-project case.
Deadline for application: June 20th, 2021 at Midnight CEST (successful applicants will be notified by June 31st at the latest).
How to apply: Open the APPLICATION FORM and the BUDGET and duplicate them: go to File / Make a Copy. Fill these application documents and forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline June 20th, 2021 at Midnight CEST with Decentralised Summer Camp proposal in the subject. Organisations that have less experience with grant applications and reporting can be supported by FYEG Office in this process if necessary.
In case of any further questions, do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
This summer camp is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of the FYEG and with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.