- This event has passed.
Call for a PR and Outreach Associate
The Green European Foundation is looking for a full time Executive PR and Outreach Associate to join the team in Brussels.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European-level political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to and independent from the European Green Party and green movement in Europe. Our mission is to provide spaces for debate, learning and ideation which further the work of the Green movement in Europe, and to encourage citizens to participate actively in European politics. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe. For more information, visit our website: www.gef.eu.
About the role
The Green European Foundation is looking to reinforce its communications work with the support of a PR and Outreach Associate. Working with the GEF Political Director, the Communications Manager and Officer and Programmes’ teams, the PR and Outreach Associate’s role is to raise awareness of the Green European Foundation publications and intellectual outputs and to nurture a strong network of partners by developing and executing effective public relations and outreach activities. The ideal candidate will be both analytical and creative, a quick-thinking team-player and an expert in communications and Public Relations.
- Analyse GEF intellectual outputs and propose communications angles, target groups and messaging;
- Create and implement outreach campaigns;
- Ensure creative fit with GEF’s audiences;
- Brief and provide feedback to external consultants, such as designers and illustrators;
- Advise the GEF leadership and team on stakeholder relationships, reputation management, crisis communications, internal communications and social media outreach;
- Train internal communications staff on PR techniques and tools;
- Engage in learning processes and impact assessment as a means of improving GEF’s communications work;
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in similar roles;
- University studies in communications, journalism, design, or other relevant fields;
- Proven record in implementing effective outreach campaigns/activities;
- Ability to interpret complex information into easily understandable and attractive messaging;
- The ability to make effective recommendations on the best outreach strategy against the organisation’s objectives;
- The ability to compile and interpret data to effectively measure impact and propose adjustments to GEF’s communications strategy;
- Strong skills in written and oral communications;
- Fluency in written and spoken English (knowledge of additional European languages is a plus)
- Excellent computer literacy;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong people skills’ and flexible personality;
- Willingness to contribute within a small team and a multi-cultural environment;
- Affinity with political ecology;
- Flexible approach and attitude.
What we Offer
- A paid position and a one-year contract, with possibility of prolongation;
- Competitive salary, based on GEF’s salary scale;
- Food vouchers amounting to 7 EUR/worked day and full reimbursement of public transport in Belgium
- Paid mobile phone subscription;
- 2 EUR/day home office allowance;
- 250 EUR/year eco-vouchers;
- 2 extra holidays on top of the Belgian legal framework, plus the period between 24 December – 2 January;
- Flexible working time and hybrid office (up to 80%);
- An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment.
- Candidates are requested to submit their motivation letter and a CV (1-2 pages each), both comprised in a single pdf document, in this application form. The cover letter should outline their motivation, skills, areas of interest and availability to start.
- Deadline for applications: 09 October 2022, end of day.
- For questions on the role, please contact: email@example.com.
Interviews will take place on 17 and 18 October, online or at our office in Brussels.
GEF is an Equal Opportunities Employer: We are committed to non-discrimination, diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability and minority status.
Non-EU candidates are welcome to apply.