- This event has passed.
Join us in a public roundtable to discuss the EU Recovery after the COVID-19 pandemic as well as the the Slovenian National Recovery Plan.
About the Event:
The event will consist of a 2-hour long roundtable debate (1,5-hour debate and 30 min Q&A session)
Our expected outcome is to launch a public debate on the challenges and opportunities of the EU Recovery with a specific focus on Slovenian contribution to the plan. The debate is targeted at the general public in Slovenia, in particular, NGOs, environmental and political activists and local representatives.
As part of the EU’s recovery and resilience facility for COVID-19, Slovenia is due to receive 1.8 million euros in grants and over 700 million euros in the form of loans. This public roundtable discussion aims to answer some of the following questions:
- To what degree does the Slovene public support the planned recovery programme?
- Which policies and individual programmes should be given priority?
- Is the planned recovery spending aligned with the Paris agreement on climate change mitigation, adaptation and finance?
- Is support for a Green recovery shared among different age groups of the population?
- Which organisations, political parties or individuals enjoy public trust to see through the full implementation of the National Recovery Plan?
- Andraž Zorko, director of Valicon
- Klemen Belhar, Institut za druzbeno ekologijo
09:00-09:20: Welcome and Introduction from Klemen Belhar, Institut za druzbeno ekologijo
09:20-10:00: Presentation followed by Q&A by expert Andraž Zorko, Director of Valicon
10:00-11:00: Roundtable debate amongst participants
11:00-11:30: Refreshments and networking
Please note that this event will take place in-person. The number of participants is limited to COVID-19 regulations. Slovenian COVID-19 rules will be applicable during the event.
You can help us advancing forward-looking green ideas to shape the Europe that we want!
We rely on your generous contribution to continue putting together new, exciting Green Post-Corona Talks made extensively available in Slovenia as well as to the general European public! So, please consider making a donation today, by clicking on this link.
This event is organised by the Green European Foundation, with the support of Institut za druzbeno ekologijo and the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.