Join us for the 2021 edition of the Ecotransformation summer school! This year, we will explore together how to build healthier, greener, and more resilient cities (not only) after the pandemic.
About the Event:
Today, more than 70% of people in the Czech Republic live in cities. For most of us, the city has become a major environment. The appearance of urban space is fundamentally reflected in the quality of our lives. But cities also have a significant impact on their surroundings. They contribute significantly to the production of carbon emissions and thus contribute to climate change. Urban sustainability is one of the keys to solving many global problems.
This July, we will discuss ideas and inspirations on how to build healthier, greener and more resilient post-pandemic cities. We will explore topics such as sustainable urban mobility, supporting healthy local food, introducing principles of the circular economy or climate neutrality at the urban level, and how these concepts impact the quality of life in cities.
Promoting change towards a more sustainable future requires cooperation with many partners. We must communicate our ideas in an inclusive way and invite others to the dialogue. This is why we traditionally include practical workshops in the program, for example on communicating climate change, or how to link municipal policy and local activism in a divided society. Like planetary resources, our powers are not unlimited, so we will also find time for tips on how to take care of your mental health and not burn out.
This is the second edition of the Ecotransformation summer school, which seeks to empower (local) politicians, activists, academics, and engaged citizens to better understand key green and environmental issues and act for change in their own communities. With a mix of traditional debates and presentations, but also skill-building workshops and more open and informal networking spaces, the summer school inspires, connects, and activates participants for a lasting impact.
A weekend full of interesting seminars, debates, presentations and experiential workshops awaits us. What you can look forward to:
- Smart City – How to start? – summary of the Smart City Principles project
- Clean Air in Cities – the impact of transport on human health
- Climate Neutrality at the Urban Level – support for community energy
- How to Talk Effectively about the Climate Crisis – the Facts about Climate project
- Modern Waste Management – inspiring examples from the practice of Czech cities and municipalities
- Re-use Centres – how they work and what is needed to set them up
- Raw Materials for Energy Transformation – how to sustainably manage the transition to renewable sources
- Visual Smog in Cities – let’s end aggressive advertising in public spaces
- Gender Perspective on Finances and Budgets – a fairer use of public money in terms of equality between women and men
- Communal Politics / Local Activism in a Time of Divided Society – where to look for allies to realize our visions
- Mental Wellness – how to prevent burnout in politics or activism
More details on the speakers and programme will be announced shortly.
Date: 22-25 July
Place: Kostelec nad Černými lesy, Czech Republic
Price: The registration fee includes accommodation and meals.
- Basic fee: CZK 990
- Reduced fee: CZK 650
- Sponsorship fee: over CZK 990
The reduced fee is intended for those participants who, for whatever reason, cannot afford the basic fee. We do not require any justification. If you can afford to contribution more than CZK 990, we will use it towards the project costs.
The registration fee includes accommodation in rooms of 2-3 beds with shared bathroom facilities. It is possible to book accommodation in 2-3 bed apartments for an additional fee of 100 CZK / person / night.
Full board meals will be provided starting with dinner on Thursday (22/07) until lunch on Sunday (25/07). Vegetarian food will be provided.
Registration: This summer school will take place primarily in Czech. Advance registration is required via the registration form here.
After completing the application, you will receive a confirmation by email and instructions on how to pay the registration fee. Only after payment will your application be valid.
If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact Martina Dušková at email@example.com.
Please note that we continue to closely monitor the local COVID-19 situation. Any activities will take place in full compliance with the required hygiene measures, and participants will be informed accordingly.
This event is organised by the Green European Foundation, with the support of the Institute for Active Citizenship and the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.