The Green European Foundation is currently looking for a full-time fundraiser
About the Vacancy
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic fundraiser for a one-year mission, to work with the Deputy Director and other members of the GEF team in conceptualising, implementing and evaluating fundraising activities. The GEF Fundraiser will manage and develop a portfolio of prospective funders and donors, as well as develop a sustainable fundraising strategy and infrastructure within the organisation, while understanding the legal limitations imposed to a European political foundation. The position entails the coordination of outreach and fundraising activities with a variety of actors, mainly partners from the GEF’s network (national political foundations, youth organisations, European green political actors), philanthropic foundations and citizens.
✓ Draft GEF’s annual fundraising strategy, in cooperation with the Deputy Director
✓ Propose and implement practices which will increase the sustainability of GEF’s fundraising mid- and long-term
✓ Identify funding opportunities both within and outside the GEF network of partners
✓ Oversee the GEF fundraising from decentralised projects and identify possibilities for securing cash contributions, in cooperation with GEF project coordinators
✓ Contribute to the conceptualisation of and implement the GEF yearly crowdfunding campaign
✓ Draft fundraising applications in cooperation with the GEF team
✓ Report, as needed, to the GEF management and the Authority for European Political Parties and Foundations
✓ Maintain relationship with donors and ensure timely reporting on how the raised funds are being used ✓ Monitor the income received and report regularly to the GEF management
✓ Explore the opportunity of implementing a CRM program to facilitate the fundraising process
Sought experience, skills and abilities
✓ 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, PR, marketing or relationship management
✓ Experience in a political environment is desirable
✓ Full working proficiency in English – written and spoken. Any other language is an asset.
✓ Excellent communication & relationship building skills, especially in a political environment
✓ Ability to follow with integrity the GEF fundraising guidelines as adopted by the GEF Board and endorsed by GEF’s General Assembly
✓ Ability to work independently to tight critical deadlines, ensuring an internal flow of communications and buy-in
✓ Ability to think strategically and creatively, to foresee needed adaptations to an original plan, improvise and make the best of situations in the moment
✓ Demonstrable ability to identify and pursue fundraising opportunities
✓ Commitment to GEF’s mission and team values (solidarity, respect, openness, sustainability and autonomy)
✓ Knowledge of and previous experience in the green movement is an advantage
✓ Availability to travel occasionally and work outside regular office hours
The Green European Foundation offers:
• A full-time (38h/week) position for a one-year mission
• A salary in line with non-profit sector, to be discussed based on experience (approx. 3000-3600 EUR gross monthly, subject to Belgian tax and social security systems)
• Other advantages such as flexible hours, teleworking possibilities, meal vouchers, training budget, full public transport reimbursement, or other to be discussed.
• An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment
Starting date: 6th January 2020
Office location: Brussels, Belgium
How to Apply
• Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until 17 November 2019, midnight CET, attention of Aurélie Maréchal, Director of GEF.
• The application must include a cover letter and a CV outlining the motivation for this position at GEF, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes the first and last name of the candidate as document name. The email title must mention the position applied for.
• The interviews and practical assignments for the position will take place in Brussels or online in the last week of November/first week of December 2019. In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.