The Green European Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Outreach and Communications Manager for the Green European Journal
About the Vacancy
The Green European Journal is Europe’s leading political ecology magazine. We stand for an open, sustainable, just and feminist Europe. In print and online, we publish articles which track political currents and ideas offering fresh perspectives and frontline analysis.
We are looking for an Outreach and Communications Manager to develop and implement all Green European Journal outreach and dissemination, as well as online communication activities including social media. The Outreach and Communications Manager works to expand and consolidate the journal readership and to proactively develop its reputation, visibility and network of partners in Europe and beyond. He/she is an integral part of the journal staff and proposes opportunities for further promotion of archive and new material. He/she works alongside the Deputy Editor-in-chief,Editorial Assistant and intern(s), and is supervised by the Editor-in-Chief.
✓ Development and implementation of outreach and communications strategy
✓ Identification and implementation of outreach actions to develop and expand GEJ readership and relations with other publications
✓ Management of communication materials and channels, including social media, newsletter and podcast
✓ Identification of outreach, communications and visibility opportunities for GEJ articles and archive
✓ Dissemination of GEJ print material and general promotion of GEJ
✓ Coordination of GEJ events
✓ Monitoring of GEJ website and print edition outreach and communication results
Qualities and experience sought:
✓ At least 5-6 years of professional experience in outreach and communications and/or in a relevant position within a publication
✓ Experience with print and online publications
✓ Experience in outreach and dissemination of print and online publication material
✓ Leadership and proactivity in identifying outreach and communications channels and opportunities
✓ Excellent writing and communication skills
✓ Full working proficiency in English and at least one other major EU language; any additional languages are a precious asset
✓ Good knowledge of the European debate, EU politics and history
✓ Able to work independently as in team with a developed sense of responsibility and initiative
✓ Interest for current Green issues and debates, and adherence to GEF’s mission and team values (solidarity, respect, openness, sustainability and autonomy)
✓ Willingness to travel, availability for occasional work outside regular office hours
The Green European Foundation offers:
• A full-time (38h) position, starting with a 6-months contract and with the perspective of a long-term contract
• A competitive salary, to be discussed based on experience (approx. 3000-3600 EUR gross monthly, subject to Belgian tax and social security systems)
• Extra salarial advantages such as meal vouchers, eco vouchers and full public transport reimbursement, as well as flexible hours and teleworking options
• An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment.
Starting date: 6th January 2020
Office location: Brussels, Belgium
How to Apply
• Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until 20 November 2019, midnight CET, attention of Aurélie Maréchal, Director of GEF.
• The application must include a cover letter and a CV outlining the motivation for this position at GEF, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes the first and last name of the candidate as document name. The email title must mention the position applied for.
• The interviews and practical assignments for the position will take place in Brussels or online in the second half of November 2019. In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to nondiscrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.