- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation is currently looking for full-time Project Coordinator.
About the vacancy:
The role of the Project Coordinator is to work with the Deputy Director and other members of the GEF team in conceptualising, implementing and reporting on projects in all areas of GEF’s work, with a specific focus on decentralised projects, organised and implemented with the support of a variety of national and European partners from GEF’s network, and often built in a transnational setting.
The coordination of GEF’s decentralised projects with national and European partner organisation, and implementation of other projects in line with the political priorities set by the GEF Board.
For the above-mentioned projects, the project coordinator is responsible for the smooth running of all the steps and
aspects of the project cycle, such as:
✓ Compliance with GEF’s project implementation rules
✓ Daily communications and coordination with GEF project partners
✓ Following of the GEF decentralised project cycle, and requesting regular updates from partners
✓ Ensuring the political relevance and quality of the projects, with advice from GEF management
✓ Monitoring the implementation of the project budget and reporting to relevant GEF staff
✓ Electronic and paper reporting of projects outputs (agendas of events, photos, participants lists, etc.)
✓ Dissemination of project outcomes and outputs, in coordination with GEF staff responsible for
✓ Regular contact with and coordination between the stakeholders (such as project partners, designers,
✓ Organisation of events and meetings
Qualities and experience sought
✓ 2-5 years of experience in project implementation and coordination, ideally in a European/transnational
setting or with a variety of stakeholders
✓ Full working proficiency in English (written and oral skills); all other European language skills are an asset
✓ Able to function in a political environment and adapt to changing intercultural and social conditions
✓ Experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently
✓ Proactivity and sense of initiative
✓ Attention to details and organisational skills
✓ Good command of basic computer programmes (word, excel, powerpoint)
✓ Familiarity with the EU institutions and procedures
✓ Interest for current Green issues and debates, and commitment to GEF’s mission and team values (solidarity,
respect, openness, sustainability and autonomy)
✓ Availability to travel occasionally and work outside regular office hours
The Green European Foundation offers:
• A full-time (38h/week) position, starting with a 6 months-contract and with a long-term perspective
• A salary in line with non-profit sector based on experience (between 2500-3000 EUR gross monthly, subject to
Belgian tax and social security systems)
• Other advantages such as flexible hours, teleworking possibilities, meal vouchers, training budget and full public
• An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment
Starting date: 6th January 2020
Office location: Brussels, Belgium
How to Apply
• Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to email@example.com until 11 November 2019, midnight CET, attention of Aurélie Maréchal, Director of GEF.
• The application must include a cover letter and a CV outlining the motivation for this position at GEF, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes the first and last name of the candidate as document name. The email title must mention the position applied for.
• The interviews and practical assignments for the position will take place in Brussels or online in the second half of November 2019. In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.