- This event has passed.
Several GEF partners are meeting stakeholders and exploring case studies for fair and carbon free tourism across Europe. This trip to the Stara Planina mountain range will examine tourism development in largely pristine areas, with a specific eye to water management and preserving nature.
Throughout the study tour, partners will be meeting local stakeholders and activists, from the tourism sector as well as the wider community. Particular attention will be paid to the issue of water, as the mountain range plays an important role in the region’s water flows, but developments over the past two decades have significantly impacted the landscape. The programme is provisional and subject to change.
- Arrivals in Belgrade and initial project exchanges
- Travel to Pirot in the evening
- Visit Temska village, with Milinka Nikolić (environmental activist and Serbian MP for Moramo) – history of the fight for river preservation
- Head to Topli Do to see waterfalls and exchange with local activists
- Spend the night in Topli Do
- Head to Dojkinci village for a sustainable farm visit
- Meet members of the first energy collective form Serbia, based in the Balkan Mountains
- Return to Belgrade in the evening
- Closing partner meeting, departure from Belgrade
Date: 15-18 September
Location: Stara Planina and Belgrade, Serbia
This is a closed study trip for selected project partners. Learn more about the project here.
This study trip is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of PolEkol and the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.