This year’s edition of summer university in Barcelona, hosted together with our Catalan partner – Fundació Nous Horitzons, is entitled “Living with a change”.
The core question of the Escola d’Estiu 2017 is how can cities, villages and the local communities meet global challenges? Furthermore, the focus will be on the challenges faced by European societies in order to guarantee the democratic future for its citizens. For this occasion we will bring together local politicians, Green party members and enthusiastic young people to exchange ideas and engage in Green debates.
We will open the event with a documentary screening of “Brave class. The power of the words”, a film about political communication in time of Brexit, Trump, the rising of the extreme right in Europe, post-truth and other challenges.
The second day will consists out of panel discussions with experts on two relevant topics:
- The freedom of speech and expression, threathen?
- The left and the ecology in the South of Europe: flight, governing, opposition and construction of a pan European alternative.
These will be followed by a series of simultaneous workshops which will allow for more in-depth analysis of the following topics:
- Ecology, animal protection and local management;
- Sustainable management and social issues: reorganization of the public services;
- Economy, ecology and tourism;
- Agenda 2030: the objectives of a sustainable development International instruments to include feminist issues in the local agendas.
Download the full programme here.
The European point of view will be represented by Green members of the European Parliament as well as representatives of EU-wide institutions.The results of this summer university will be disseminated to a wider audience and made accessible in English afterwards.
More information available here.
Registration: Register by sending an email to email@example.com
Date/Time: June 30th – July 1st
Venue: Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Campus de Poblenou, Carrer Roc Boronat, 138
Barcelona, Catalonia 08018 Spain