Do you want to contribute to the agenda for climate and ecology movements at European and local scales? Don’t miss our conference on 4th May in Turkey. Save the date now!
Turkey has been seeing the tangible effects of climate change over the last few years, with impacts on food security, the economy, and other broader social ramifications.
Yet there is no solution-oriented action due to resistance by policy-makers and a lack of public awareness. There is particularly a lack of clarity in the debate regarding the link between urban and local ecological deterioration and climate change, and the effects of climate change on the local level. There is also an absence of understanding on how political decisions and action at an international level relate to the local level.
About the Event
Held in coordination with our partner Yesil Dusunce Dernegi, this national conference will aim to build capacities and raise awareness of the effects of climate change, local actions and green policy alternatives in the field.
It will bring together the agenda for the climate and ecology movements on both European and local levels, and provide networking opportunities.
In particular, the conference will focus on:
- Opportunities to identify and compare relationships between mitigation and adaptation policies at national and local levels, and the obligations and potential they offer.
- Develop awareness and comprehension of European policy proposals regarding climate change and encourage political debate that includes the Turkism perspective on the issue.
- Establish solidarity networks between local movements directly affected by environmental disasters and those affected by ill-conceived fossil-fuel projects.
The conference will feature three panel discussions, which are still to be confirmed. Generally, they will cover:
- Panel 1: Current debates and the political situation around climate change
- Panel 2: Communication and campaigning
- Panel 3: Climate and local ecological movements
Details on this event, including exact timings, programme and speakers, and registration, are still to be confirmed. Please check back later for more information.
Beyoğlu/İstanbul, 34425 Turkey