- This event has passed.
Are you experienced in the field of external communications? Do you want to work in a dynamic and diverse environment? We might be looking for you!
The Green European Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Communications Officer.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European level political foundation whose mission is to contribute to a lively European sphere of debate and to foster greater involvement by citizens in European politics. The foundation coordinates transnational and decentralised projects in collaboration with its national and European partners and offers cross-border political education. It is funded by the European Parliament and is linked to, but independent of, other European Green actors such as the European Green Party and the Green Group in the European Parliament (see www.gef.eu). The Green European Journal (GEJ), the editorially independent publication of the foundation, acts as a platform to help debates and ideas travelling across Europe’s cultural and political borders (see www.greeneuropeanjournal.eu).
The communications officer’s main mission will be to enhance the outreach and impact of GEF’s projects and publications, using online and offline tools including social media. He/She will work towards increasing synergies between them as well as with other actors and content from within and outside the existing network. He/She will work with all members of the team to help ensuring that the various projects and publications are promoted in an efficient, ambitious and sustainable manner, in line with the general strategy and thematic priorities defined by the Board. He/She will support and coordinate the team and the network’s effort to strengthen GEF and GEJ’s profiles and communicate in a professional and creative way.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
The communications officer will in particular:
- Promote GEF’s products (events and publications) and the Green European Journal using social media and other communications channels, including reacting to news and events as opportunities to promote existing resources and materials
- Communicate about our e-learning platform and content to relevant green organisations and their networks (see www.gef-learning.eu)
- Expand the GEF and the Journal communities online and offline, taking into account the impact of the new GDPR framework
- Work with other staff and board members to develop a plan for increasing GEF and Journal’s profile and reach within the green family and beyond, including developing and delivering on targets for growth
In doing so, the Communications Officer will be responsible for:
1. Promotion and outreach of projects and publications
- Devising communications plans and calendars for various projects and publications of the foundation, implementing or coordinating them depending on the budget and personnel capacity available
- Developing and using relevant tools and communications channels, in particular social media and newsletters, for increasing the outreach of the online and offline promotion of projects, events and publications
- Proactively identifying new stakeholders, communications channels, major conferences, and other opportunities to disseminate material and publications, and build partnership
- Assisting in the promotion of and public relations around signature projects, events and publications
2. Synergies building and network support
- Ensuring consistency and coherence of GEF and GEJ’s communications across their various platforms and channels, in line with their style guides
- Disseminating the GEJ content and relevant projects results among the Green family (e.g. personalised contact with relevant Green actors, presence at events, etc.)
- Supporting national foundations to increase the outreach of their events and projects, and to ensure the visibility of GEF and GEJ in the decentralised activities (e.g. creating ready-to-use communications tools and advices, providing services such as video production for some events, training, etc.)
3. Coordinating and ensuring a smooth daily functioning of communications work
- Ensuring effective coordination and planning of the work with the other members of the team to streamline the daily communications of the foundation in terms of social media, website management, newsletters, etc
- Monitoring progress in communications through regular reporting based on considered analysis of digital data and analytics
- Liaising with relevant service providers (printers, web developers, designers, etc.) when needed
- Managing and optimally using the financial resources available (includes budget planning, management, monitoring and reporting)
- 3-4 years’ relevant work experience in communications, advertising or publishing
- Sound knowledge and experience of a variety of social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Familiarity with the EU institutions and current debates, as well as with major Green issues and stakeholders. Any involvement in European or Green networks is an asset
- Proficient in English (native-speaker or equivalent) with additional languages being a significant asset. The working language of GEF is English but the European dimension of its work means that there is an important multilingual dimension to its content and communications
- Ability to write and communicate effectively in different contexts, adapted to medium, aims and target audience
- Ability to work with WordPress websites and web tools such as Google Analytics. Ability to work with any other multimedia tools (graphic design, video editing) is an asset
- Developed organisational skills to be able to work on multiple projects in parallel, to manage competing priorities, and to cope with stress
- Proactive approach to tasks and ability to work autonomously and take initiative
- Flexible and able to function in an international and changing environment
The Green European Foundation offers:
- A full-time (38h) contract under Belgian law with a limited duration (10-15 months, to be discussed)
- A salary equivalent to approximately 2500-2800 euros (monthly, gross subject to Belgian tax legislation), depending on the experience, skills and qualifications of the selected candidate
- Additional benefits such as meal vouchers and public transport allowance
- An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment
Ideal start date: Mid August to mid September 2018
Office location: Brussels, Belgium
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to email@example.com until Sunday 15th July, midnight CET, attention of Aurélie Maréchal, Director of GEF.
The application must include a current CV and a cover letter outlining the motivation for this position at GEF, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes first and last name of the candidate in the document name. The interviews for the position will take place in Brussels or via skype on the 2nd of August. In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the vacancy.