- This event has passed.
This event is a part of :
The Green European Foundation with the support of Gréng Stëftung, FREDA, Transición Verde, Green Forum, Bureau De Helling, and Green Campus is announcing a call for participants for the Combatting Online Hate Speech-Live Training.
About the training
The live virtual training is complimentary to the Combating Online Hate Speech, FR, ES, LUX, DE, AT course which offers information on hate speech, focusing on case studies on a national and European level while presenting various methods to counter hate speech online.
The live virtual training goes deeper into the discussions by tackling the important topics of disinformation, misinformation and conspiracy theories that are connected to and/or stem from hate speech online. The training will focus on fake facts, the usage of alternative narratives, how conspiracy theories work, and how they travel. There will be a clear focus on the increased disinformation on the worldwide pandemic.
Aims and objectives
- To give participants a toolbox through a hands-on training that allows for the possibility to go into role play to practice how to use counter speech rhetoric;
- To learn about disinformation campaigns and conspiracy narratives regarding Covid-19;
- To access the necessary tools to take part in argumentative possibilities for action.
Who should apply?
We are looking for 25 young professionals, students and activists who are interested in learning how to react to disinformation, misinformation and conspiracy theories that are connected to and/or stem from hate speech online.
All participants must first take the online course, Combating Online Hate Speech if they haven’t already done so as the training builds on this course.
We encourage applications from participants from vulnerable groups who may have limited access to discuss these topics.
The training will take place on Friday, November 12th from 10:00-13:00 CEST.
- Language: the training will be held in English with simultaneous translations in French, Spanish, Luxembourgish and German.
- Format: the live virtual training will be held on zoom.
- Costs: the training is free of costs!
- Registration: if you are interested in participating, please click on this link to submit your application.
- Deadline: the deadline to submit is on 8 November at midnight CEST. All participants will be informed of the results and details the following week.
About the trainers:
Gegenargument is a network of free-lance educators and counsellors who are working around the issues of right-wing extremism, racism, anti-feminism and disinformation – online and offline. The trainers have been active in adult education for many years and specialised on (individual and collective) courses of action in dealing with discrimination, right-wing extremism and hate speech. They have been working with different target groups – from volunteers to social workers to higher education employees and politicians – and love to equip people with the tools they need to stand up against discrimination. More information: www.gegen-argument.de
This event is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Transición Verde and with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation. The European Parliament is not responsible for the content of this event