This event is a part of :
Are you looking for a capacity-building experience for you and your organisation? Would you like to develop new partnerships and gain knowledge on how to diversify your training projects, increase their impact and outreach? Register now!
The Green European Foundation (GEF) invites organisations invested in strengthening the European green movement to join its annual networking and capacity building meeting on education and training. This year’s special edition is entitled “Education for Europe – building capacity towards and beyond 2019” and will take place in Brussels between 5 and 7 June 2018.
Over the past decade, GEF has built expertise in capacity building as integral part of its work programme through online courses, face-to-face trainings across Europe such as the European Green Activists Training or our Fundraising Training for projects on Migration and Asylum. In this spirit, “Education for Europe – building capacity towards and beyond 2019” will serve as a platform for political discussions on the role of training for advancing activism, as well as an opportunity to identify training and educational needs within the Green network, as well as available resources and inspiring initiatives taking place across Europe. The meeting will combine formal and non-formal training and facilitation methods.
Who should apply?
This year’s edition is aimed at GEF’s members and partner’s foundations, as well as other NGOs, citizen movements, educational institutes, youth organisations and green parties active in the field of education, training and capacity-building.
Organisations from all over Europe are invited to apply.
Through this event, participants will be able to:
- Engage in a political discussion on the role of capacity-building and trainings ahead of the upcoming European elections;
- Create new partnerships with other actors implementing trainings on green topics across Europe;
- Expand their knowledge on building successful online learning courses;
- Gain knowledge and inspiration on adding a European dimension to their training programmes;
- Transfer and gain knowledge on resources and tools that can boost educational projects;
- Increase their impact and outreach through expanding and diversifying the green network of trainers and trainings;
- Participate in the creation of a governance model for European green pool of trainers and experts.
GEF members and 2018 project partners are invited to participate in the event free of cost.
All other actors are requested to contribute with a participation fee of 100 EUR. If the price is holding you from participating, open a conversation with GEF via the registration form.
Upon request, only a single session can be attended by organisations based in Brussels for a participation fee of 30 EUR. Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Education for Europe”.
Accommodation, catering and travel costs will be covered by the Green European Foundation, provided that tickets are booked at least 5 weeks in advance and in accordance to GEF’s transport and reimbursement guidelines, which will be received upon acceptance of registration.
Register by 30 April, end of day HERE. The event attendance is limited to 50 participants. Spots will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis, while ensuring a balance of different profiles of participants.
Download the call as PDF here.
TUESDAY 5 JUNE
14:00 – 15:00 CAPACITY BUILDING AS BREEDING GROUND OF THE GREEN MOVEMENT Keynote speech
15:00 – 16:00 OUTREACH AND NETWORK EXPANSION Political discussion
16:30 – 18:30 CREATING SYNERGIES: EDUCATIONAL PROJECTS 2018-2019 Market Place – parallel sessions
WEDNESDAY 6 JUNE
10:15 – 12:00 LET’S CREATE A GREEN POOL OF TRAINERS! Training session & moderated discussion
12:00 – 13:30 HOW ABOUT STARTING AN ONLINE COURSE? Training session
14:30 – 16:30 PARALLEL WORKSHOPS
- FUNDRAISING FOR POLITICAL ORGANISATIONS
- HOW TO BUILD A SUCCESSFUL EVENT & PUBLICATION PROMOTION STRATEGY?
- GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION: ARE YOU COMPLIANT?
16:30 – 18:00 OPEN SPACE: Parallel workshops
THURSDAY 7 JUNE
10:15-12:15 PROJECTS INCUBATOR Interactive working session in small groups
12:15-13:15 EVALUATION & CLOSING