- This event has passed.
This event is a part of :
From capacity-building experience for European organisations to developing new partnerships and knowledge the variety of topics. This conference is designed to teach activists and organisations how to diversify training projects, increase their impact and outreach.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) invites organisations invested in strengthening the European green movement to join its annual networking and capacity building meeting on education and training. This year’s special edition is entitled “Education for Europe – building capacity towards and beyond 2019” and will take place in Brussels on June 5 to 7, 2018.
Over the past decade, GEF has built expertise in capacity building as integral part of its work programme through online courses, face-to-face trainings across Europe such as the European Green Activists Training or our Fundraising Training for projects on Migration and Asylum. In this spirit, “Education for Europe – building capacity towards and beyond 2019” will serve as a platform for political discussions on the role of training for advancing activism, as well as an opportunity to identify training and educational needs within the Green network, as well as available resources and inspiring initiatives taking place across Europe. The meeting will combine formal and non-formal training and facilitation methods.
About the event
This year’s edition is aimed at GEF’s members and partner’s foundations, as well as other NGOs, citizen movements, educational institutes, youth organisations and green parties active in the field of education, training and capacity-building. Through this event, participants will be able to:
- Engage in a political discussion on the role of capacity-building and trainings ahead of the upcoming European elections;
- Create new partnerships with other actors implementing trainings on green topics across Europe;
- Expand their knowledge on building successful online learning courses;
- Gain knowledge and inspiration on adding a European dimension to their training programmes;
- Transfer and gain knowledge on resources and tools that can boost educational projects;
- Increase their impact and outreach through expanding and diversifying the green network of trainers and trainings;
- Participate in the creation of a governance model for European green pool of trainers and experts.
TUESDAY 5 JUNE
14:00 – 15:00 CAPACITY BUILDING AS BREEDING GROUND OF THE GREEN MOVEMENT Keynote speech
15:00 – 16:00 OUTREACH AND NETWORK EXPANSION Political discussion
16:30 – 18:30 CREATING SYNERGIES: EDUCATIONAL PROJECTS 2018-2019 Market Place – parallel sessions
WEDNESDAY 6 JUNE
10:15 – 12:00 LET’S CREATE A GREEN POOL OF TRAINERS! Training session & moderated discussion
12:00 – 13:30 HOW ABOUT STARTING AN ONLINE COURSE? Training session
14:30 – 16:30 PARALLEL WORKSHOPS
- FUNDRAISING FOR POLITICAL ORGANISATIONS
- HOW TO BUILD A SUCCESSFUL EVENT & PUBLICATION PROMOTION STRATEGY?
- GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION: ARE YOU COMPLIANT?
16:30 – 18:00 OPEN SPACE Parallel sessions and working groups
THURSDAY 7 JUNE
10:15-12:15 PROJECTS INCUBATOR Interactive working session in small groups
12:15-13:15 EVALUATION & CLOSING