Are you interested in alternative approaches and green policy proposals? Do you want to meet inspiring experts in a relaxed atmosphere? Stay tuned for our upcoming Turkish Summer School and secure your spot!
In a time of ever-growing challenges fundamental principles of Human Rights and human dignity, this projects aims to highlight the transformative power of social movement, and how green alternatives in politics as well as in everyone’s daily lives can be realised.
About the event
For almost a decade, the Green Thought Association is organising a Yeşil Kamp in Turkey to bring together European and Turkish Greens to exchange ideas and discuss the most pressing issues such as women’s rights, food and agricultural systems and rights of nature, law, social contracts and ecological struggles, and so forth.
This year, the Green Camp will be kicked off with a special GEF Summer School on European Green Alternatives aiming to promote green values such as sustainability, feminism, direct democracy etc. in Turkey.
The Summer School of GEF will be followed up from 2 to 5 August with more thematic and interactive workshops and presentations to deepen the participants’ understanding and knowledge on those topics.
10:00- 11:15 The Rights of Nature and the Environmental Constitutionalism
Moderator and Introduction: Ümit Şahin (Istanbul Policy Center Climate Change Senior Specialist, Green Thought Association)
- Rana Göksu (Lawyer, Green Thought Association)
- Georgi Velev (SavePirin Campaign, Zelenite – Green Party of Bulgaria)
11:45-13:45 Gender Policies and Queer Ecology
- Moderator and Introduction: Sevil Turan (Green Thought Association)
- Vesna Jusup (European Green Party/EGP)
- Beatrice White (Green European Foundation /GEF)
- Teo Comet Kortman (Federation of Young European Greens/FYEG)
15:15-16:30 Food Policies
- Moderator and Introduction: Bengi Akbulut (Ecology Collective)
- Antoine Tifine (Federation of Young European Greens/FYEG)
- Leyla Aslan Ünlübay (Buğday Association)
- Ayşenur Arslanoğlu (Slowfood Movement)
18.00-19.30 Parallel Workshops
Workshop 1: Fight against water crisis- Akgün İlhan
Workshop 2: Gender Equality and Queer Ecology –Cihan Koral Malak
Workshop 3: Fair Food and Food Policies–Durukan Dudu
For further questions, directly get in touch with email@example.com