- This event has passed.
This event is part of our Cities of Hope Project. This 2021 initiative aims to bring together progressive and transformative trans-local city networks, to connect them and facilitate their exchanges, ultimately contributing to a positive narrative for the future of Europe.
About the event
2021 marks Barcelona’s year as the World Sustainable Food Capital. A catalyst for a food transition towards sustainability that strengthens local economies and improves the health of both people and the planet.
In this context, the webinar will focus on different safe and affordable, sustainable food production and how to support local farmers.
- Sergi Alegre, Fundació Nous Horitzons, welcome words
- Susanne Rieger (Green European Foundation, Co-President), Introduction of the Green European Foundation
- Alvaro Porro, Commissioner of social economy, local development and food policy of the City of Barcelona
- Anna Martin, Vice-Mayor of El Prat
- Gemma Frances, Director of Agricultural Parc of Baix Llobregat
This event is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Fundació Nous Horitzons and with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation. The European Parliament is not responsible for the content of these workshops.