- This event has passed.
Several GEF partners are meeting stakeholders and exploring case studies for fair and carbon-free tourism across Europe. This trip to North Macedonia will explore existing small-scale tourism practices to develop sustainable alternatives to emerging mass tourism.
Throughout the study tour, partners will be accompanied by a local expert in sustainable tourist practices as well as a video crew who will be filming and interviewing key case studies and stakeholders along the way.
- Arrivals in Skopje and initial project exchanges
- Morning departure from Skopje
- Visit of Mavrovo national park and Jance village – sustainable tourism practices and presentation on construction and building policies
- Arrival in Ohrid (UNESCO heritage), with dinner at nearby Kuratica village and presentation on alternative touristic offers
- Morning exploring Ohrid, partner meetings and stakeholder conversations
- Visit village of Dihovo – local tourism practices and slow food movement
- Arrival in Demir Kapija – winery tour and accommodation – and meeting with Vlado Srbinovski (Balkan Association of Alternative Tourism)
- Partner meetings, return to Skopje
Date: 27-30 May
Location: North Macedonia (Skopje and Lake Ohrid region)
This is a closed study trip for selected project partners. Learn more about the project here.
This study trip is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of ASSED Sunrise and the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.