This event is a part of :
From 12 to 15 March, Tour&Taxis Brussels will be home to four days of conferences, seminars, workshops, festivities, and artistic installations, all seeking to explore what political ecology means in 2020. With speakers and participants from across Europe and even beyond, this first edition of the Political Ecology Days will promote education, dialogue, participation and green values, and is open to anyone interested to participate.
About the Event:
The first edition of the Political Ecology Days will assemble key actors and thinkers in the field of political ecology, and aims to repeat this once every two years for the next decade. Political ecology is at a crossroads, which means there is a need to put things back in perspective, update its founding principles, and create a new narrative that cuts through in practice and in people’s minds.
With 13 conferences, 7 seminars, 12 mini-conferences, and 7 participative workshops, the Political Ecology Days will cover a range of topics within three central themes: (co)inhabiting the earth differently; becoming resilient’ and reinventing democracy.
Please check back here later for more details on GEF’s specific involvement.
Featured speakers and moderators include:
- Benedetta De Marte, European Green Party
- Dirk Holemans, Oikos
- Dominique Bourg, University of Lausanne
- Dominique Meda, University of Paris-Dauphine
- Edgar Morin, philosopher and sociologist
- Isabelle Stengers, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Justine Lacroix, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Lucile Schmid, La Fabrique Ecologique
- Michel Bauwens, P2P Foundation
- Mohammed Taleb, philosopher
- Monica Frassoni, European Green Party
- Paul Lannoye, Ecolo
- Sherilyn MacGregor, University of Manchester
- Vandana Shiva, scholar and activist
Please check back here later for a detailed programme.
Register for tickets here: https://rep.etopia.be/inscription-contact/ (in French)
Early bird registration deadline: 20% discount until February 3rd.
Free childcare available.
The event is organised in partnership with Etopia and Oikos.