- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European level political foundation funded by the European Parliament. It is linked to, but independent of, other European Green actors such as the European Green Party and the Green Group in the European Parliament.
The mission of GEF is to contribute to the development of a European public sphere and to foster greater involvement by citizens in European politics, ultimately forging a stronger, more participative democracy. GEF strives to mainstream discussions on European policies and politics both within and beyond the Green political family. It works to create a common Green vision for Europe and to communicate this to the wider public.
In its contribution to building another Europe, GEF seeks to encourage cross-border cooperation and exchanges. The foundation therefore acts as a platform to discuss Europe’s shared challenges, by bringing diverse actors together, from European to national foundations, think tanks, academics and NGOs. In other words, GEF aims at bridging the gap between activism at the national level and the decisions that are being made at the European level by coordinating a lively network.
GEF aspires to reach broader audiences across Europe by acting as a laboratory for new ideas through the Green European Journal and other publications in different languages. The foundation also develops capacity-building and political education programmes for its partners and for young activists eager to get involved at the European level. Finally, GEF supports its national partners across Europe to organise conferences, seminars and other exchanges, mainly through transnational projects. GEF operates within a European context beyond the borders of the EU, due to the EU’s ongoing expansion and Europe’s shared values and history.
GEF has 17 dedicated staff members who contribute to its mission.
1. Summary and Background
Green European Foundation is looking to designate an approved and recognized Belgian social secretariat to administer GEF’s staff salaries, have a designated legal advisor and create an employee self-service platform.
2. Description of the Procurement
- Administration of GEF’s staff salaries and social contributions
- Putting in place a platform for GEF’s staff with the following criteria / functionalities:
- Access to all employees
- Holiday request/approval
- Work-related documents accessibility (e.g., salary slips)
- Multilingual option (FR, NL, EN)
- Assignment of a designated person to give advice and information on HR legislation in Belgium to GEF administrators when needed
- Registration of overtime hours and recuperation of overtime hours: internal use
- The social secretariat has a large amount of experience working with organizations with the same size and structure of Green European Foundation
- Psycho-social support services
- Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate: 1 July 2021
- GEF’s response to the chosen SC: August 2021
- Preparations starting date: October 2021
- Contract starting period: January 2022 (contract will be signed for 5 years and is subject to renewal)
4. Additional Information
- Any questions that eventually arise should be asked at latest 10 days before the submission time limit
- Tenders must be submitted by email to GEF’s human resources team in English or French at the following address: email@example.com