- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation is bringing together feminist climate activists, changemakers, herstory influencers and community leaders for the first webinar in our Feminist Climate Ambassadors training program.
Our aim is to build bridges across Europe for feminist climate change advocates and activists. This 9-week training will equip selected Feminist Climate Ambassadors with the tools needed to get their message through in their own region and media. This will support sustainable and feminist community-level impact across the region. In addition, the training provides space for more political level conversation on the intersections of gender and climate change.
Saturday, November 21st: 10am – 4pm (CET)
- Introduction to the training
- Facilitators: Adele Halttunen and Maia Fandi, Educational Centre Visio
- Why – Gender Perspectives in the Climate Action and Policy
- Alviina Alametsä, Member of European Parliament, Finland
- How – How to boost your activism? The significance of networking and grass root action
- Kate Metcalf, co-founder, Women’s Environmental Network, UK
- Where & when – The important dates and timelines of climate movement in 2021
- Leo Hickman, editor, Carbon Brief, UK
- Case example and discussion
- Oury Traore, African feminist activist shares inspirational examples of her journey as an activist.
- Climate change, gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- UNFCCC Executive Secretary Patricia Espinosa and Fleur Newman, UNFCCC Gender Focal Point and Focal Point for Women
- Conclusion and next steps,
- Facilitators: Adele Halttunen and Maia Fandi.
This is a closed event.
This webinar is only for participants of the Feminist Climate Ambassadors training. If you are not in the training, but you interested to learn more about this topic, you can watch the recording from our Feminists in the Climate Movement Conference which was held in May 2020.
This event is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Educational Centre Visio and with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.