- This event has passed.
Join us at our 2021 event on Energy Democracy to explore the possibilities of shaping the energy sector in North Macedonia and the Balkan region.
About the Event:
With this event, we will discuss the need for a more democratic and inclusive society by addressing the state of democracy in the EU and the candidate countries with the economic alternatives and the urgency of climate change.
During the last four years, The Green European Foundation with the support of Sunrise has been leading the discussion on Energy Democracy in North Macedonia. With this 2021 event, we will continue elaborating on the European experiences in the energy sector and stimulating positive change in North Macedonia and the region. During this open Webinar, we will discuss energy transformation and set a path to a participatory, inclusive, and decentralized green economy through the promotion of the Energy Democracy concept. Together we will contribute to the debate and practices on the EU level with experiences and challenges from the Balkans.
- Aleksandar Gjorgjievski, Sunrise, North Macedonia
- Melani Furlan, Green Energy Cooperative in Zagreb, Croatia
- Prof. Stefan Bouzarovski – Professor of Human Geography at the University of Manchester, where he directs the People and Energy Programme within the Manchester Urban Institute, UK
- Stevan Vujasinović
– Executive Director, RES Foundation, Serbia
Visual Facilitator: Alejandro Gil (Greenr Visual Interpreter)
17:00 – 17:10 Introduction of the event
- Aleksandar Gjorgjievski, Moderator and National Coordinator, (Sunrise, North Macedonia)
poverty in South-eastern Europe
- Prof. Stefan Bouzarovski, University of Manchester (United Kingdom)
17:25-17:40 The role of citizens in the Energy Transition
- MSc. Ing. Melani Furlan, Project Manager at ZEZ Croatia (Croatia)
17:40-17:55 Green Agenda for Decarbonizing the Western Balkans
- Stevan Vujasinović, Executive Director at RES Foundation (Serbia)
17:55-18:30 Q&A and display of the Visual Art: Alejandro Gil (Greenr Visual Interpreter)
Date and time: Tuesday, 18th May from 17:00 – 18:30 CET.
Audience: This webinar will take place in English with simultaneous translation to Macedonian and is open to the general public.
Registrations are now open.
This event will be organised through the ZOOM platform.
This graphic recording from the event was designed by Alejandro Gil, one of our Greenr Visual Interpreters.
This event is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Sunrise and with the financial support of the European parliament to the Green European Foundation. The European Parliament is not responsible for the content of this event.