- This event has passed.
Join us for our initial event in 2020 on Energy Democracy to explore the possibilities of shaping the energy sector in North Macedonia and the region
About the Event:
In this event we will underline the need for more democratic and inclusive society by addressing the state of democracy in the EU and candidate countries with the economic alternatives and the urgency of climate change.
The Green European Foundation and Sunrise have in the previous three year period been pioneers on the topic of Energy Democracy in North Macedonia; with this 2020 event we will continue with the elaboration on the European experiences in the energy sector and stimulating positive changes in North Macedonia and the region. In this open Webinar we will discuss energy transformation and set a path to a participatory, inclusive and decentralized green economy through promotion of the Energy Democracy concept. Together we will contribute to the debates and practices on the EU level with experiences and challenges from the Balkans.
- Dirk Holemans, GEF Co-President, Oikos – Belgium
- Aleksandar Gjorgjievski, Sunrise – North Macedonia
- Miroslav Bogdanovski, MP in Macedonian Parliament
- Kristina Ozdaklieska, Deputy Minister of Environment in North Macedonia
18:20 Participants join the call
- Aleksandar Gjorgjievski, moderator and National Coordinator
18:30-19:10 Session with speaker’s presentations on Energy Democracy
- Dirk Holemans, Energy Democracy
- Miroslav Bogdanovski, Energy Democracy and the Fight against small hydro power plants
- Hristina Odzakieska, Climate change and Energy
19:10-19:30 Panel discussion and Q&A
The primary language is Macedonian but simultaneous translation in English will be provided
When: from 18:20 -19:30 CET:
- Tuesday, 3rd November
Where: Online platform – ZOOM
Language: Macedonian with simultaneous English translation
Registrations are open: https://survey.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_djrYAunLjXKNq9D
This event is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Sunrise and with the financial support of the European parliament to the Green European Foundation.