The Green European Foundation and Green Group in the European Parliament invite you to a public debate in Athens, on 28 September, with a special focus on migration.
This panel debate aspires to enable civil society, policy-makers as well as refugees and migrants to discuss the key developments in Europe which affect refugees, migrants and asylum seekers. The discussion shall provide an overview of the latest decisions on the European Union level as well as look into the implementation by the Member States, and especially focus on challenges and best practices of local authorities. The exchange can provide a platform to formulate clear recommendations towards the national as well as the EU level, and thereby set the political frame for the coming days of the training. A networking reception will be organised after the event.
- Maria Giovanna Manieri – Advisor on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, former employee of PICUM (Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants)
- Bodil Valero – Member of the European Parliament, Greens/EFA Group
- Eleni Takou – Head of Advocacy, SolidarityNow
- Ioannis Hadjiyannis – Assistant to the Director General of the Structural Reform Support Service of the European Commission
- Lefteris Ioannides – Green Mayor of Kozani
- Yonous Muhammadi – President, Greek Forum for Refugees
This event is open to public and free of charge. Sign you up to the Facebook event!
The debate will take place on Thursday, 28 September from 18h30 to 20h30 in Athens, at the European Parliament Information Office. The registration for this event is now closed.
If you cannot join In Athens, please follow the live stream on our Facebook page.
This public debate is a part of our upcoming training in Athens which aims to empower grassroots organisations all over Europe, who are working on topics around migration, refugees or asylum seekers, with practical skills and innovative fundraising techniques.
Athens, 105 57 Greece