- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is currently seeking a Communications Intern.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is seeking an intern who will support GEF’s communications work, with a major focus on project dissemination. The successful candidate will work with the GEF Project Coordinators and Communications Manager to spread awareness about GEF’s project work and help reach the targeted audience.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a Brussels-based European political foundation funded by the European Parliament and affiliated to the European Green Party and Green Group in the European Parliament. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strengthen the Green network in Europe.
Our annual work programme focuses on three main areas: study and debate, capacity-building and networking. More details on our projects and publications can be found on www.gef.eu. and www.mygreenlearning.eu.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Assist the Communications Manager in defining GEF’s social media strategy;
- Plan and implement posts on GEF projects by taking into account some best practices and guidelines: use hashtags and tags efficiently, think about strategic times for posting, analyse what can be done to increase reach and engagement;
- Contribute with feedback to the social media strategy and analysis based on experience;
- Put together visuals based on available material.
- Proofread and upload project-related information on the GEF’s websites;
- Suggest improvements to the GEF websites;
- Analyse traffic and general usage data;
- Assist in the development of a new GEF website.
- Assist GEF Project Coordinators in the implementation of European projects, such as drafting contracts, support in the organisation of events, desk research, disseminating GEF publications across Europe (preparing shipments).
- Identify highlights from projects relating to current affairs, news of local interest, or current social movements, in view of supporting the Communications Manager’s long-term plan on developing media and press work at GEF.
What we are looking for
- enthusiastic candidates with a proficient written and oral command of English;
- available full-time for 6 months as of March 2021 in Brussels (we are flexible regarding the location, depending on Covid-19 restrictions);
- interest in Green issues and EU politics;
- technology-savvy, with a demonstrated interest in communications work;
- proven proficiency in the use of digital media and social networks;
- good organisational and administrative skills and openness towards a variety of tasks;
- able to function in a political and intercultural environment.
What we offer
- a paid internship, under a Belgian “convention d’immersion professionelle” in our Brussels office:
- 1200 EUR/month net
- food vouchers amounting to 7EUR/worked day
- full reimbursement of public transport
- 2 EUR/day of home office
- a full-time placement, between the beginning of March 2021 and end of August 2021 (with the possibility of extension for up to 1 year);
- an open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment with connections to other European organisations;
- a working and learning experience adapted to the intern’s skills and interests
What you will learn
- You will strengthen your knowledge of local and European green actors;
- you will become familiarised with the functioning of pan-European projects;
- You will strengthen your communications-specific technical skills (social media usage, website management, basic graphic skills and branding, tech support);
- You will develop a strategic approach to communications;
- You will become familiarised with new collaboration tools – Sharepoint, project management tools, etc.
How to apply
Candidates are requested to send a short motivation letter and a CV, both comprised in a single pdf document including your name in the document name. The application should outline your motivation, skills, areas of interest and availabilities, and be submitted by Friday, 5 March 2021, 18:00 CET through our application form (please click here).
In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
*GEF is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to non-discrimination, diversity and inclusion; all qualified applicants will receive fair consideration regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability and minority status.
This position is open to EU and non-EU citizens.