- This event has passed.
Participants will take part in 3 online and 3 offline meetings, during which they will learn how the European Parliament works and learn how to implement their own social projects. Finally, they will receive microgrants and mentoring support to implement their own initiatives.
The European Green Activist Training (EGAT) is an international training program for young people (16-26 years old) culminating in a study visit to the European Parliament. The EGAT lasts between October 2020 and March 2021. During this time, participants will take part in 3 e-learnings and 3 offline meetings, during which they will learn how the European Parliament works and learn how to implement their own social projects. Finally, they will receive microgrants and mentoring support to implement their own initiatives.
Who is the EGAT for?
- Persons aged 16-26, both those who already have activist experience as well as those are taking their first steps in activism,
- Members of school climate strikes, youth city councils, youth organizations and associations or young people active in informal youth groups,
- For people who believe in values such as: respect for the natural environment and planetary boundaries, human rights, democracy and openness to others, respect for people and animals, regardless of their origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or social status.
- People who want to grow and make a change to the world around them.
What awaits the participants of EGAT?
1. Three online e-learning courses, 2. Three offline meetings in various places in Poland (or online in the event of the second wave of the pandemic), 3. Small grants and support from mentors in the implementation of their own campaigns or local actions, 4. Participation in a study visit to the European Parliament (might be postponed, depending on the pandemic situation).
• October-November 2020 – e-learning and three offline meetings During the meetings participants will get to know each other, establish new contacts and learn to plan actions and activities together. During e-learning, they will learn about the structure and functioning of the European Parliament and deepen their knowledge on green topics.
• December-February 2021 – implementation of own projects
Enriched with new knowledge, participants of EGAT will be able to start implementing their own ideas for action. In small teams (4-5 people) they will implement their projects of local activities or activities online. They will receive the support of mentors and mentors as well as microgrants to finance their ideas. Project implementation is not a mandatory element of the program.
• March 2020 – a visit to the European Parliament Participants who complete all stages of the EGAT will take part in a visit to the European Parliament together with a hundred people from other countries where similar training takes place (Finland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Hungary, Spain). During 3 days, they will visit the Parliament, meet MEPs and take part in joint workshops with young activists from other countries. Participation in the study visit is not obligatory.
The Foundation covers the costs of participation in three offline meetings (including travel, accommodation and meals), costs of local actions as well as the cost of participation in a study visit to the European Parliament (travel, accommodation and meals). Thanks to funding from the European Parliament, participants have to bear only 10% of the cost of participation in the training, i.e. PLN 200.
In case of a difficult financial situation, please contact us. We want everyone to be able to participate in the program, regardless of their financial situation, in accordance with green values, therefore, it is possible to cover this cost from the solidarity fund for people in difficult financial situation.
Please fill in the recruitment form no later than September 4th, 2020, 24:00. Persons qualified for the second stage of the recruitment process will receive a short recruitment assignment to complete. All persons qualified to participate in the project will be informed about the recruitment results by September 14th.
This EGAT programme is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Fundacja Strefa Zieleni and with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.