- This event has passed.
Join our panel of experts in Liège to learn more about the Green European Foundation’s Charter for the Smart City, and the lessons and applications it may hold at the local, regional, and federal level.
About the Event:
In 2019, the Green European Foundation, with the support of its partner foundations Wetenschappelijk Bureau Groenlinks (Netherlands), Green Economics Institute (United Kingdom) and Institute for Active Citizenship (Czech Republic) created a Smart City Charter to assess and pilot technological innovations in cities. This event, with the support of Etopia, will promote, discuss, and build on the Charter further with regional experts and perspectives.
- Richard Wouters, Wetenschappelijk Bureau Groenlinks
- Pascal Hillewaert, green alderman for Ecolo
- Veronica Cremasco, Walloon deputy for Ecolo
- Carine Basile, COO of the Smart City Institute
- Isabelle Rawart, Agence du numerique
The moderator is Quentin Le Bussy (municipal councilor Vert Ardent Liège).
This event will cover:
- The definition of ‘Smart City’ and presentation of the Charter
- Local applications and the question of whether these bring real added value
- The link to Wallonia’s Smart Region initiative
When: Friday, August 28th from 14:00 to 15:30.
Where: The Francisco Ferrer Room in Cité Miroir (Liège, Belgium).