- This event has passed.
This event is a part of :
The Green European Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Deputy Editor-in-Chief for the Green European Journal
About the Green European Journal
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to the European Green Party and active in political education projects on European issues. Our mission is to encourage citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at the European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and aim to strengthen the Green political movement and green ideas in Europe. See www.gef.eu
The Green European Journal is Europe’s leading political ecology magazine. The Journal stands for an open, sustainable, social and feminist Europe. In print and online, it publishes quality articles which track political currents and ideas offering fresh perspectives and frontline analysis. Editorially independent, it has published in 21 languages since its foundation in 2012 and collaborates with partners across Europe to connect new audiences and open up spaces for real debate. Based at the Green European Foundation, the spirit of the magazine is that of a broad conversation about political ecology and what it means for our society, today and for the years to come. See www.greeneuropeanjournal.eu
About the role of the Deputy Editor-in-Chief
The Deputy Editor-in-Chief supports the Editor-in-Chief in the production process for the Green European Journal content. A special emphasis is placed on editorial work (editing and proofreading, research and commissioning), as well as the coordination of publishing and communications and relations with partner publications and organisations. The Deputy Editor-in-Chief works to ensure the quality of the journal’s content, expand its readership, and generally develop the publication. The Deputy Editor-in-Chief is supervised by the Editor-in-Chief and works alongside other members of the journal team and in good cooperation with the rest of the Green European Foundation team.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Editing of articles and interviews
- Liaising with contributors and translators
- Commissioning content for the journal
- Development of relations with other publications and partners
- Coordinating publishing with the journal’s communications
- Support to budget, administrative tasks and website development process
- Representing the journal externally
Qualities and experience sought
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in journalism, publishing and/or in a relevant position within a political foundation or similar organisation
- Excellent editorial, writing and communication skills, including in an intercultural environment
- Fluency in English and at least one other major EU languages; any additional languages are an asset
- Good knowledge of the current European politics, debates and history
- Good knowledge of the Green movement’s history, ideas and values, and current developments
- Taste for networking, exploring and building partnerships with different actors across Europe
- Able to work both independently and in a team with a developed sense of responsibility
- Adherence to GEF’s mission and team values (solidarity, respect, openness, sustainability and autonomy)
- Willingness to travel, availability for occasional work outside regular office hours
What we offer
- A full-time (38h/week) position
- A salary defined by GEF’s salary scale, taking into account the prior experience of the candidates: 3.366 – 3.714,82 EUR gross (following GEF salaries scale and based on previous relevant experience), meal vouchers, transport remuneration and home office allowance
- Other advantages such as 13th month, flexible hours, extra holidays and training budget
- An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment
Starting date: October to November 2020
Office location: Brussels, Belgium and teleworking
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until 30th September 2020 midnight, attention of Aurélie Maréchal, Director of GEF.
- The application must include a current CV and a cover letter outlining the motivation for this position, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes first and last name of the candidate in the document name.
- Writing samples can be included but are not required.
The interviews for the position will take place in Brussels or online in early October 2020.
In case of questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
* GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
This position is open to EU and non-EU citizens.