- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation with the support of Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe is announcing a call for Participants for the online course “Cities for all: why?”.
About this course
The upcoming online course: “Cities for all: Inclusive urban planning and decision making in Eastern European cities” will take place on the Green European Foundation‘s online learning platform Green Academy during May 2021. Aside from interactive educational content on the platform, learners will have the opportunity to acquire new knowledge, have fun and meet new people on weekly meetings, webinars with experts and workshops.
The course attendants will be encouraged to continue their learning in the scope of the project during the second phase which will take place in Croatia in July 2021 (subject to COVID19 restrictions). The involvement in both events is a precondition for applying for Local Actions sub-grants that will take place in September 2021.
The Online Course “Cities for all: why?” will aim to understand how patriarchy shapes our cities, urban infrastructure and lives of urban youth and has the following objectives:
- Provide the participants with the theoretical knowledge on how cities are affecting the lives of young people of different genders and sexualities.
- Create an inter-cultural safe space for young women and LGBT+ people to share their struggles and stimulate the discussion on the values, principles and the directions about the future of inclusive cities.
- Empower the participants with the tools and analytical skills for identifying local challenges of their communities in regards of gender inclusive city planning.
The course will be based on the principles of non-formal education and intercultural learning. We strive for an active, safe and inclusive environment for direct communication and sharing of knowledge. The online course will be balanced between theoretical inputs, work in groups, discussions, and other interactive methods of non-formal learning.
Who should apply?
We are looking for young people:
- Maximum 30 years old;
- From Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Kosovo*, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine;
- Interested in observing cities trough gender inclusion lens and a deep intersectional approach;
- Who would like to contribute to the discussions with their local perspective;
- Are willing to share the gained knowledge on the local level.
Participants who have experience in urbanism, activism, gender and politics or have high motivation to learn about the topic are highly encouraged to apply. People with less experience on the topics are welcome to apply and get to know more about these topics.
Language: The main language of the course will be English.
Costs: The course is free for all participants.
Technical requirements: Internet connection and PC or/and phone.
DEADLINE for submitting online applications: 12.04.2021 at 23:59 CEST
You will be informed about the results of the selection within two weeks after the deadline. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts, so that you do not receive our reply in spam folder.
To apply click on the link here <<<
This project is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe, with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation and supported by the European Youth Foundation of Council of Europe.