- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation with the support of Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe is announcing a call for Prep-Team members for the international training “Cities for All – How?”. The seminar will take place between 26th and 31st of July in Croatia.
Objectives of the “Cities for all – How?” are:
- To develop the participants’ skills of creative and efficient campaigning for spreading the message to the wider public;
- Create a space to explore the new tools and strategies, adapted to the struggles of young LGBT+ individuals and women in the cities, for lobbying the demands to the different stakeholders;
- Equipping the participants with the skills of working with the local communities and organising outreach activities on the local level, that encourage young people’s active mobilisation around the topic of Cities for all.
If you are young (till 35) person from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Kosovo*, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Serbia, Turkey or Ukraine interested in looking for different urban approaches and questioning the existing urban planning status quo that neglects inclusivity, human rights and needs of the city dwellers and would like to work on designing the program and the follow-up of the event, you are more then encouraged to apply.
The preparatory team is composed of CDN’s Project Coordinator, EC member and several other members. PT members should speak English, be available during the preparation period, be responsible about fulfilling their tasks, have good organisational skills, be good team players and committed to the aims of the project and CDN’s values and be familiar with non-formal education methods.
Main responsibilities of the prep-team:
- Active participation in the regular online meetings prior to the event (May-July/ 3-4 h a week);
- Full participation in the live PT kick off meeting on 5-6th of June (4th arrival day and 7th departure day);
- Dissemination of the call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the activity and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and facilitation of the program of the activity; designing and preparing sessions based on non-formal education methodology, invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims (4-6 h a week);
- Helping with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of the general well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event and prep team meeting before and after (Arrival 23rd of July, departure 1st of August );
- Supporting in finalising the outputs;
- Helping with the reporting of the event.
Being a prep-team member would offer you:
- Working in a lively international feminist environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and GEFs & CDNs work;
- Getting to know local Urbanists and Gender activists and their work;
- New knowledge of lobbying theory;
- A possibility to develop your leadership and group work skills;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered. The travel means will be negotiated with CDN secretariat with considering the economic and environmental aspects.
DEADLINE for submitting online applications is 6th of May, 23:59 CET.
You will be informed by e-mail approximately in 5 days after the deadline. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts, so that you do not receive our reply in spam folder.
To apply click on the link here <<<
This project is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe, with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation and supported by the European Youth Foundation of Council of Europe.