- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Project Coordinator (maternity leave cover, July 16 to December 16, 2018). Apply below!
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a Brussels-based European level political foundation funded by the European Parliament and affiliated to the European Green Party and Green Group in the European Parliament. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strengthen the Green network in Europe.
Our annual work programme focuses on three main areas:
- Study & Debate: we invest in research, debates and seminars on a variety of European topics, highlighting innovative Green approaches. The results are disseminated through both printed publications and online articles, raising awareness among citizens about Green solutions to the challenges Europe faces.
- Capacity-building: we promote political education and training and provide opportunities for building capacity amongst Green-minded stakeholders across Europe. Our aim is to enhance the ability of young activists and Green actors to work on issues with a European dimension.
- Networking: we act as a framework for cooperation between Green actors at the European level and encourage collaborations in a transnational manner.
The role of the Project Coordinator is to work with the Deputy Director and other members of the GEF team in conceptualising, implementing and reporting on projects in all areas of GEF’s work, with a specific focus on capacity-building, training and networking activities. The position entails the coordination of European-wide projects with a variety of national partners from the GEF’s network, often built in a transnational setting.
- Implementing GEF’s capacity-building projects (such as European Green Activists Trainings and other seminars)
- Coordinating the development of the GEF’s online learning platform gef-learning.eu
- Developing and implementing other projects, such as studies, research and events in line with the political priorities set by the GEF Board
- Organising networking events for GEF members and partners
For the above-mentioned projects, the project coordinator is responsible for the smooth running of the various steps and aspects of the project cycle, such as:
- Contact with and coordination between the stakeholders
- Content development, ensuring the political relevance and quality of the projects
- Sound budgeting and reporting, including compliance with the EU legislation
Qualities and experience sought
- 2-5 years of experience in project implementation and coordination, ideally in a European/transnational setting or with a variety of stakeholders
- Interest and experience in the development of trainings, networking and capacity building projects or research projects. Any expertise in fundraising for non-profit organisations is an asset
- Fluent in English (written and oral skills); all other European language skills are an asset
- At ease with numbers and with online tools, such as online educational tools, websites, documents sharing platforms, etc.
- Able to function in a political environment and adapt to changing intercultural and social conditions
- Experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently
- Proactivity and sense of initiative
- Attention to detail and organisational skills
- Familiarity with the EU institutions and procedures.
- Interest for current Green issues and debates, and commitment to GEF’s mission
- Availability to travel occasionally and work outside regular office hours
The Green European Foundation offers:
- A full-time (38h) position from July 16 to December 16, 2018, as replacement in the context of a maternity leave
- A salary in line with non-profit sector based on experience (around 2500 EUR gross monthly, subject to Belgian tax and social security systems)
- Meal vouchers, eco vouchers and full public transport reimbursement
- An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment
Starting date: July 16, 2018
Office location: Brussels, Belgium
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to email@example.com until June 10, 2018, midnight CET, attention of Aurélie Maréchal, Director of GEF.
- The application must include a CV and a cover letter outlining the motivation for this position at GEF, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes the first and last name of the candidate as document name.
- The interviews for the position will take place in Brussels or online in the second half of June. In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.