- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation is looking for an intern to come work with us in our Brussels office. Find out more about this vacancy & how to apply!
What we are looking for
• Enthusiastic candidates with good written and oral command of English
• Available full-time or part-time for at least 3 months between May and October 2019 in Brussels
• With good organisational and administrative skills and openness towards a variety of tasks
• Able to function in a political and intercultural environment
• With an interest for Green issues and EU politics
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Assistance to the GEF team in implementing European projects, including contacts with partners, organisation of meetings and events, follow-up of activities, content research, writing articles for the website, etc.
• Support to the GEF team for a variety of daily practical and administrative tasks including filing, preparation of shipments, organisation and implementation of the office move to a new building, etc.
What we offer
• A paid internship, under a Belgian “convention d’immersion professionelle” in our Brussels office
• A full-time or part-time placement, for 3 to 6 months between May and October. Starting date, length and working time to be discussed.
• An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment with connections to other European organisations
• A working and learning experience adapted to the intern’s skills and interests. On top of the tasks described above, and depending on the length of the internship, more research and/or communications tasks in various areas of our work can be covered by the intern.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a Brussels-based European political foundation funded by the European Parliament and affiliated to the European Green Party and Green Group in the European Parliament. Our mission is to encourage European citizens to participate in European political discussions. As a forum for cooperation at European level, we work closely with our national member foundations and thereby aim to strenghten the Green network in Europe.
Our annual work programme focuses on three main areas: study and debate, capacity-building and networking. More details on our projects and publications can be found on www.gef.eu. Our flagship publication, the Green European Journal can be consulted at www.greeneuropeanjournal.eu and our online course at www.mygreenlearning.eu.
How to apply
Candidates are requested to send a short motivation letter and a CV, both comprised in a single pdf document including your name as document name, at email@example.com. The application should outline your motivation, skills, areas of interest and availabilities, and be submitted by Sunday 12 of May 2019, midnight CET. In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download this vacancy here.
GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.