- This event has passed.
Are you interested in learning more about a participatory, inclusive and decentralised Green economy, and about energy cooperatives? Then join us for this workshop with Green energy experts from range of backgrounds!
About the Event
This event will bring together different actors from across the region and the EU to find alternative solutions and support positive changes to the energy sector in North Macedonia and in South-East Europe.
The topic of the workshop is how we can set a path to a participatory, inclusive and decentralised Green economy through promotion of the Energy Democracy concept.
The workshop will focus on energy cooperatives and other forms of socio-environmental economy in Europe, contributing to the debate and practice on the EU level with experiences and challenges from the Balkans perspective.
The workshop will connect with multiple priorities, underlining the need for a more democratic and inclusive society and educating on economic alternatives that address democratic deficiencies in EU and candidate countries, as well as the climate emergency.
10:00 – 11:00 Introduction of the event, Opening of the event and Presenting 2019 workshop –
- Aleksandar Gjorgjievski project coordinator
- Maja Morachanin – Member of North Macedonian Parliament, Green perspective on Energy in North Macedonia and the Region
11:00 – 12:30 Presentations and Panel discusion: Energy Sector in EU and the Balkan Region (Current and future perspectives)
- Moderated by Ervin Redjepagikj – Energy consultant
- Dirk Holemans – Oikos, Belgium – Presentation: Energy Democracy
- Hajdana Rukavina, Zelena Energetska Zajednica – ZEZ from Croatia, member of REScoop – Presentation: Community energy experience from Europe and region
- Natasha Gligorijevic – Center for Sustainable Development of Serbia – Presentation Green Public Procurement: Energy transition, innovation and Procurement
Discussion on Energy democracy
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
GEF Energy Democracy Summer School and Workshop
09:30 – 10:30 Working discussions in groups
- Hajdana Rukavina, ZEZ Croatia, member of REScoop – European federation of energy cooperatives
The Future of public policies in energy sector,
- Ervin Redjepagikj – Energy consultant
Economic alternatives as result of democratic and inclusive society,
- Zaklina Zivkovic, Networked – Serbia
Green Public Procurement
- Natasha Gligorijevic – Center for Sustainable Development of Serbia
10:30 – 11:00 Conclusions and Closing of the event
The Facebook event for this event can be found here.
This event will be held in conjuction with a workshop on fair and healthy food.
The venue is located about 8 km (10 minutes drive) from Ohrid Airport and 4 km (10 minutes drive) from the Ohrid Central bus Station
By bus (ticket is € 0.5 to €2)
By taxi: (from € 3 to €7)
Simultaneous interpretation into English will be provided on 8 September.
The sessions on 9 September will be held in Macedonian without interpretation, although participants and speakers are free to communicate in English.
If you would like to apply for accommodation covered by the organisers, please contact Aleksandar Gjorgjievski firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please register for this workshop via the form found here.
Registration deadline: 5 September 2019