- This event has passed.
Food is an integral part of all of our daily lives, but how can we make sure that the food that ends up on our plate is fair and healthy? Save the date for our event in Macedonia exploring just how we can achieve such a food system!
The GEF transnational project Fair and Healthy Food aims to bring together different actors to find alternative solutions and positive changes to our current food systems.
Alongside exploring examples of urban movements developing progressive food policies, the project will also examine how regional sustainable food systems can revitalise rural communities.
About the Event
This event, to be held by Ohrid lake in North Macedonia, is organised with the support of our project partner Sunrise, and will invite experts, green activists, academia and NGOs to discuss how we can achieve a fair and healthy food system.
14:00 – 14:30 Introduction of the event and participants
- Aleksandar Gjorgjievski project coordinator Fair and Healthy Food
- Liljana Popovska – Member of North Macedonian Parliament
- Green perspective on Food production in North Macedonia and the Region
14:30 – 15:00 Presentation of the Fair and Healthy Food discussion paper
- Aleksandar Gjorgjievski project coordinator
15:00 – 16:00 Debate on the EU Common agricultural policy and alternative solutions to the current food system
- Ewa Sufin – Jacquemart – Strefa Zieleni – Poland
- Biljana Mitreska – Slow food Macedonia
- Zaklina Zivkovic – Networked, Serbia
- Vasilka Stefanovska – President of Slow Food Vodno – Skopje
Presentation: Green Economy: Cooperative society
- Lupcho Janevski – Director of Agency for promotion and support of
tourism – Republic of North Macedonia
11:00 – 11:30 Presentation: Local food production and traditional cooking
- Vasilka Stefanovska – President of Slow Food Vodno – Skopje, North Macedonia
11:30 – 12:00 Presentation: Sustainable tourism perspectives
- Lupcho Janevski – Director of Agency for promotion and support of tourism
– Republic of North Macedonia
12:00 – 13:00 Panel discusion: Organic and Locally produced food in Macedonia and the EU
- Moderator: Bojan Petrovski – Coordinator ASSED Sunrise – Skopje
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 15:00 Conclusions and Closing of the event
The event will take place in conjunction with a workshop on energy democracy by GEF with the support of Sunrise.
The Facebook event for this event can be found here.
Participants who require accommodation please contact Aleksandar Gjorgjievski firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for this event is required. Please register via the form found here.
Registration deadline: 5 September 2019
Ohrid, 6000 Macedonia