- This event has passed.
Are you interested in discussing how cities and citizens have responded to the corona virus crisis? Join us for a series of webinars that will search for a Green City across Eastern Europe and the Balkans.
About the Event:
The series will share personal stories and experiences from activists, practitioners and citizens in different cities, primarily from Eastern Europe/ the Balkans. Together with them we will explore how cities and citizens have responded to the coronavirus crisis, and if their actions were directed towards well-being, social justice and ecological sustainability. We will explore whether the crisis has been experienced as an obstacle or an opportunity for transformation of urban environments.
- 25th NOVEMBER – BELGRADE – In conversation with Iva Čukić and Predrag Momčilović
- 2ND DECEMBER – ZAGREB – In conversation with Svibor Jančić and Iva Marčetić
- 9TH DECEMBER – LJUBLJANA – In conversation with Ajda Pistotnik and Tjaša Pureber
- 14TH DECEMBER – BRATISLAVA – In conversation with Miota Sidorova
- 16TH DECEMBER – VIENNA – tbc
Part of the ‘Cities as Places of Hope’ series; a project launched in 2019 focussing on progressive city networks that are a key factor in the development for a positive narrative on the future of Europe. The GEF-19-01 Cities as Places of Hope project is carried out simultaneously in Belgium, Croatia, Spain, North Macedonia and Turkey.
- Miota Sidorova – Head of Participatory Planning at the Metropolitan Institute of Bratislava, a new organisation to conceptualise and set criteria for urban development, architecture and public spaces in Bratislava. She is a feminist, urbanist and author in service of more inclusive cities.
The 4th event continues online in Bratislava with:
17:00 – 18:30 Miota Sidorova
Moderated by Vedran Horvat
We will use the Zoom video conferencing platform. It is recommended to join the webinar via a PC. You do not need to install additional software. However, for the best user experience and full participation features, you can install the free Zoom Desktop App.
ZOOM link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83456479949
The event will be in English.
This event is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Institute for Political Ecology and with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.