- This event has passed.
The Green European Foundation alongside the Federation of Young European Greens is announcing an open call to take part in the international preparatory team for the Summercamp “ Our Social Rights – Our Future!” that will take place from 22 – 28 July 2019 in Serbia.
The Green European Foundation alongside the Federation of Young European Greens is announcing an open call to take part in the international preparatory team for the Summercamp “Our Social Rights – Our Future!” that will take place from 22 – 28 July 2019 in Serbia.
The aim of this activity is to provide a platform for learning about and using different tools for campaigning and advocating for social rights. In particular:
- To understand how social rights apply to specific topics – including regional specificities, a just transition towards a sustainable society, and gender aspects.
- To determine which tools to use for a campaign/advocacy depending on the cause and context, and how to apply these tools with limited resources.
- To equip participants with the skills needed to carry out hackathons in their local regions.
The activity will consist of 5 full working days and will consist of three parts:
- Opening of the event; sharing and building upon the conclusions from the ,,Social Europe Now!’’ – a seminar that identified the struggles young people from various regions of Europe face today in relation to housing, education and healthcare as well as having fostered development of a common vision for the future of work.
- Hackathon – an intense, sprint-like, goal-oriented, small teamwork-based activity. Hackathon is a period of 36h when participants can plan, design and carry out their own mini-projects in small teams. The teams will be composed of young people – participants and guests – with different skills and backgrounds: activists, young advocates, lawyers, and programmers.
- Creating a Toolkit for a Hackathon on Social Rights: based on our common experience of running and taking a part in a social rights hackathon, we will create a toolkit for those who are going to organise one back home in the autumn 2019.
In order to achieve these objectives, we are looking for 3 young activists to join forces with the rest of the preparatory team composed of FYEG’s Project Manager, one member of the Executive Committee, one member of the Coordination Team of the project and a member of Serbian Green Youth – the host organisation.
Prep-team members should speak English, be available during the preparation period, be responsible about fulfilling their tasks, have good organisational skills, be good team players and committed to the aims of the project and FYEG’s values, and be familiar with non-formal education methods. We are looking for at least one person with experience in attending or organising a hackathon.
Main responsibilities of the prep-team:
- Active participation in the regular online meetings prior the event (May 2019 – July 2019 // 3-4h a week)
- Participation in a live prep team meeting (30 May – 2 June 2019 // 2 full working days)
- Dissemination of the call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and facilitation of the programme of the Summercamp; designing and preparing sessions based on non-formal education methodology, invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Helping with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and of the general well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event and prep team meeting before and after (arrival 20th July, departure 28/29 July)
- Supporting the finalisation of the toolkit and with coordination of the local hackathons.
- Helping with the reporting of the Summercamp (optional)
Being a prep-team member at a FYEG event would offer you:
- Working in a lively, supportive and safe international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation, evaluation, follow up and reporting;
- Becoming familiar with the Green values and FYEG’s work;
- The chance to learn about social rights, campaigning and advocacy;
- The chance to develop your facilitation skills in group work and non-formal education;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
The program will be based on the principles of non-formal education and intercultural learning. We strive for an active, inclusive and direct communication and transfer and sharing of knowledge. Sessions will be balanced between theoretical inputs, trainings, workshops, discussions, reflection, planning, brainstorming and other interactive methods of learning.
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered within reasonable limits and within Europe. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
The Summercamp is a part of the year-longe Reclaim your Social Rights! Project, supported by the European Youth Foundation of Council of Europe. The hackathon is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of the FYEG and with the financial support of the European Parliament to the GEF.
If you are interested to try out your non-formal education skills, if you are willing to engage in an adventure of imagining the new ways of doing politics – this project is for you!
DEADLINE for submitting online applications: 28 April 2019 at Midnight CET