- This event has passed.
Join us for the first online event on agroforestry in Greece. We’ll be looking at the ways and means of purposeful reforestation.
About the Event:
This first online event aims to map the different aspects and initiatives on reforestation with trees for productive purposes, namely pasture, beehiving and recreation in Greece. Target groups are government officers, green-minded stakeholders, NGO’s, local-regional authorities and experts. There will be presentations on behalf of the speakers on various topics and a first attempt to derive comprehensive findings. These findings will feed the second, the third and last online event of this series.
This event is part of the Green European Foundations project Deforestation and Climate Change.
There are two more events to follow based on the different aspects of the same topic. The aim is to derive guidelines for the type of expenditures for productive reforestations needed to meet Climate Change mitigation targets (e.g. resilience of Mediterranean anthropogenic forest ecosystem).
- Agroforestry in Greece: Good examples and perspectives
- Dr. Matzanas – Costas Forester-Rangeland specialist – Greek Agroforestry network (here)- School of Forestry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Saving local traditional seed varieties, greening the table and the cultivations
- Panagiotis Sainatoudis – Founder of the non-profit NGO PELITI: “Community of traditional seeds” (here) Citizens take actions:
- Beekeeping and Forest Ecosystems: A mutual relationship
- Dr. Sofia Gounari Agronomist – Chief researcher of the Beekeeping Laboratory- Instit. Of Med. Forest Ecosystems, Greek Agric. Org. “Demeter”
- The value of local traditional varieties of fruit trees – perspectives of their use for agroforestry
- Dr. Nikos Nikisianis = Biologist, collaborator of the project “Eco-variety”- “SYSTADA OE”
- Small forest fruit trees and shrubs: The role of commercial plant nurseries in ex-situ conservation
- Dr. Eleni Maloupa Agronomist – Director of the Institute of Genetics Improvement and Phytogenetic Resources, Greek Agric. Org. “Demeter”
The online event will be broadcasted via ZOOM – Launch Meeting – Zoom
Live Streamed through the Green Institute Greece Facebook page: Πράσινο Ινστιτούτο (Green Institute Greece) | Facebook
This event will be in Greek language
This webinar is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Green Institute Greece and with the financial support of the European Parliament. The European Parliament is not responsible for the content of this webinar