- This event has passed.
Join us for our Online Conference to explore and share ideas on local economic regeneration with a focus on agri-food sector and it’s supply chains, ecological economics, social solidarity and community wealth building.
The Green European Foundation, in cooperation with Green Foundation Ireland is organising the online conference as part of the Climate Emergency Economy project. This work forms part of a wider project led by the GEF involving Green Foundation Ireland, Green House in the UK and the Scientific Bureau Groenlinks in the Netherlands. The work of the project is to identify the key enablers and blockers in order to formulate strategies to stop those actors of the EU and global economy from blocking the transition to limit climate change to 1.5°C.
About the Event:
A QUESTION OF SCALE: “Imagining a co-operative, community-led approach to regional resilience” (SCALE being the acronym for Supply Chains and Local Economies)
“A Question of Scale” is a conversation in the context of global vulnerabilities and challenges – climate, pandemic, risks to supply chain, jobs, etc – that will…
- Identify ‘Blockers & Enablers’ to a cooperative, community-led approach to regional resilience;
- Secure local supply chains and strengthen regional economies;
- Outline the benefits of regional economies (especially, but not limited to, the agri-food sector);
- Encourage cooperative effort in local production for local need;
- Identify the potential for livelihoods in our regions (with a focus on the midlands).
- Tommy Simpson (Green Foundation Ireland)
- Dirk Holemans (Oikos, Co-President Green European Foundation)
- Ciarán Cuffe MEP (Greens/EFA group, European Parliament)
- Stanka Becheva (Friends of the Earth Europe)
- Peter Sims (Green House Think Tank)
- Jonathan Essex (Green House Think Tank)
- Oliver Moore (Cultivate; ARC2020)
- Davie Philip (Cultivate)
- Sinead Mercier (Philip Lee)
- Sean McCabe (TASC)
- Liam McGinley (Glencolmcille)
13:30 – Welcome & introduction
13:45 – Context of SCALE -Supply Chains and Local Economies
13:55 – Sharing and listening exercise
14:15 – 14:35 Reflections
- Supply Chains
- Circular and Local Economies
- Cooperative Approaches
16:00 Keynote Reflection
16:30 End of event
This event will be in English.
Time: BST (British Summer Time)
The event is invitation only and free of charge, however registration is required.
Registration link: https://bit.ly/2GvptQU
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Green Foundation Ireland and Cultivate with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.